More changes

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We're going to a "kinder, gentler" version of online discourse. All these weird people taking out their aggressions under a pseudonym are starting to wear thin.

From now on, anyone who registers a member name specifically designed to belittle someone else will sit in time out.

Anyone who starts a thread specifically to fight with someone else will sit in time out.

Anyone who can't express themselves without using a bunch of profanity will sit in time out.

If you are a paid member and you get sat out, you do NOT get your money back. Since you are a paid member, you have a perfectly good private forum to vent your spleen, and that's where those types of threads should go. This should be good motivation for you to behave yourself in public.

PS, the Private forum is still somewhat of a free-for-all. The above rules do not apply in there unless you really get carried away.

Thank you and have a snap happy forum day. :howdy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
:ohwell: In that case, could you just please send me a paypal bill with the premo and private forum dues now? I know it's just a matter of time ... :blushing:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SmallTown said:
I love you, Vrai.
:flowers:
Hey, we're trying. :shrug: It's just that the forums should be fun for everyone and not some scary place where cyberbullies lay in wait for victims.

crabcake

Danzig said:

A kinder gentler forum :huggy:
psst ... it's all that time she spent being forced to read liberal crap in the politics forum ... once the election is over, she'll be back to normal! :yay:

j/k vrai :flowers: Disclaimer: This post was not meant in hate or anger, nor does it contain any other malicious, evil, scare-tactic intent. It was simply intended for humor purposes only. Any use or rebroadcast of this message will be subject to criminal and or judicial punishment. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this message. You have the right to remain silent. And all that other bs that normally goes in one of these.

Last edited:

Danzig

vraiblonde said:

From now on, anyone who registers a member name specifically designed to belittle someone else will sit in time out. Why not just ban them?

Anyone who starts a thread specifically to fight with someone else will sit in time out. Sounds fair

Anyone who can't express themselves without using a bunch of profanity will sit in time out. can we use ##**#$$ AND @$#!%$

Thank you and have a snap happy forum day. :howdy: Hey, you too.

vraiblonde said:
It's just that the forums should be fun for everyone and not some scary place where cyberbullies lay in wait for victims.
Why change now? It's been this way since the first time I came here.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Guess I'll spend most of my time in the private forums then. I know sometimes I go a little too far, but often it's just a case of someone doesn't appreciate my sense of humor or sarcasm (or someone else's) and feels they are being attacked or something.

I do appreciate what you're doing, vrai. However, I think it's going to be a case of people tattling for little or no reason.

crabcake

elaine said:
Guess I'll spend most of my time in the private forums then. I know sometimes I go a little too far, but often it's just a case of someone doesn't appreciate my sense of humor or sarcasm (or someone else's) and feels they are being attacked or something.

I do appreciate what you're doing, vrai. However, I think it's going to be a case of people tattling for little or no reason.
I have to agree with E. :ohwell: But the rules are the rules, nonetheless. :sigh:

Lemme know if you can do the paypal "all-in-one" bill thingy (serious). :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Danzig said:
Why not just ban them?
The MPD member name will be deleted. I'm talking about the original member who created the MPD.

can we use ##**#$$ AND @$#!%$
Sure - those are something you see in a comic book and not particularly offensive. I'm not even worried about a ### here or there. What I'm talking about are the ones that use creative spelling because they feel they simply MUST use profanity in their posts to get their point across.

We actually used to be more strict with language and content. Then somehow I slid down the slippery slope. :frown:

DoWhat

Sexy Stud
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
We actually used to be more strict with language and content. Then somehow I slid down the slippery slope. :frown:
How many warnings do we get, before the time out?

Elle

Happy Camper!
vraiblonde said:
The MPD member name will be deleted. I'm talking about the original member who created the MPD.
Does this only apply to new MPD's or are old ones not safe anymore as well:lol:

Bogart

vraiblonde said:
What I'm talking about are the ones that use creative spelling because they feel they simply MUST use profanity in their posts to get their point across.
People have been complaining about that? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
sometimes I go a little too far, but often it's just a case of someone doesn't appreciate my sense of humor or sarcasm (or someone else's) and feels they are being attacked or something.
I know the difference. People report stupid things all the time - "I WILL NOT tolerate this abuse!" Then I look at the post in question and all it says is, "He's back". :crazy:

Or they'll report a post - "This sort of hate-mongering shouldn't be allowed!" Then I check the reported post and all it is is someone disagreeing with someone else's political opinion. :rolleyes:

There are lots of folks who feel they're being "attacked" when it's pretty obvious they're not. When I'm in doubt, I take it to David, the impartial observer, who gives me a take. If sarcasm were a bannable offense, none of us would be here. :lol: