More doings up here

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Last night I got home from work about 1am and, as I was coming up my street, I saw this old couple walking on the sidewalk. Strange - what are these people doing walking around my neighborhood at 1am?

So I go on home, no biggie. Then about 3am, I hear choppers flying over our house. This is not unusual because we're on the flight path to Camp David. But then I kept hearing it. So we go outside to look and there is a search helicopter flying around our little neighborhood park. We're like WTF? :confused:

So the search goes on for a good 10-15 minutes, then the chopper lands (over the dun-key hill so I can't see them). This morning, they've got our Main Street all blocked off and guys working on the power lines.

Nobody knows anything and it hasn't hit the news. The rumor is that it was an accident, but why would the chopper be searching? Someone would have had to be going pretty fast to hit a telephone pole so bad a chopper had to search for their body parts. Larry says the person probably crashed and ran, which would explain the helicopter.

But I think it has something to do with those old people. Why would they be out walking at 1am? They didn't have a dog with them, so it wasn't a potty walk. They didn't seem drunk or anything like that. I didn't recognize them, and we're definitely a kid-oriented neighborhood that doesn't attract older people, so I don't think they're from here.

So if anyone sees a news story that mentions Middletown, please let me know!