More food

OldHillcrestGuy

Butch's Chophouse - St. George's Grenada
Rossi's (Steaks) MB
Rossi's (Italian) MB

Locally
Front Porch has been great the past couple times. Shrimp and grits are my go to there
Quade's

I'm guessing MB is Myrtle Beach every year when we go, there are our favorites, been then we run into someone who suggest something else. Ive seen ads for Rossi's but haven't gone there. We usually do Angeloes for Italian, but someone mentioned Umberto's at Barefoot and we ended up going there twice. The Brazilian Rio Steak is very nice and $$$ there is so much to choose from there. We eat great when we go there every year..

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'm guessing MB is Myrtle Beach every year when we go, there are our favorites, been then we run into someone who suggest something else. Ive seen ads for Rossi's but haven't gone there. We usually do Angeloes for Italian, but someone mentioned Umberto's at Barefoot and we ended up going there twice. The Brazilian Rio Steak is very nice and $$$ there is so much to choose from there. We eat great when we go there every year..

Crap, I meant to put Baron's for steak.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The best dining and food experience, for me, was at a tiny little Gaestehaus in a small town in Bavaria just a bit west of Neuenbürg in the 80's. A true Mom and Pop operation. Good sourced local, fresh, locally grown, raised, and cooked food served in a small, maybe three or four table, eating area. Beef Rouladen with pan gravy in a savory brown sauce stuffed with bacon and caramelized onions with spaetzle and a gurkensalat. Super good and polite service with a true homey feel. It is very hard, haven't found it yet, to find anything locally that comes close.

But locally, Texas Roadhouse is always pretty consistent with their steaks.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Butch's Chophouse - St. George's Grenada
Baron's (Steaks) MB
Rossi's (Italian) MB

Locally
Front Porch has been great the past couple times. Shrimp and grits are my go to there
Quade's
Shrimp and Grits. I have to add Paige's Okra Grill... Charleston, SC..
The BEST grits ever.. And I dont like grits..

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Could not limit it to just three...

L'Auberge Restaurant on Oak, Sedona, AZ
Preserve, Annapolis, MD
Michael's on the Hill, Waterbury Center, VT
Le Pleasant Café, Sutton, QC
Dasheene Restaurant at Ladera, Soufrière, St. Lucia

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

:lmao:

:huggy:

I will have to think about my answers for a bit. So many great restaurants over the years in so many places.

I do know one restaurant that is not around anymore: Haussner's in Baltimore. Great German food with spectacular decor. :yay:

stew77

To add to my previous ones: When I was stationed in Lisbon Portugal, along the rail road tracks going north out of Lisbon is Cascais. Right at the stop is a Fried Chicken place that was out of this world. You got award winning wine (house) a huge plate of the best French Fries and 1/2 of Chicken that was slow roasted over a barbeque. If you wanted it "spicey hot" you order it with piri piri sauce and it would burn you for a couple of days! Excellent prices, great food, wonderful people. Less that $2.00 on the train from Lisbon, and it was definately worth it! Just an off the wall place.
For Nostalgia: for the sailors stationed in Yokosuka.. right outside the main gate was a Mom/Pop restaurant that served a 32oz bottle of Ice Cold Kirin and a steak sized plate of any kind of fried rice for only $3.00 American. You could not go wrong. They had a daughter who had a place just like it right outside the Main Gate of Atsugi. Those were two places to eat your fill of. We also enjoyed "sliders" at the China Fleet Club, with the Brits in Hong Kong.. Nothing like a big, greasy, cheesburger... and British Sailors who liked the American Sailors.

Now you are making me hungry!

Rommey

I'll go with my California favorites:

Schooner or Later at the Long Beach marina. They have the best breakfast and you can't beat eating outside overlooking the marina on a sunny California day.
Ruby's Diner (there are several locations, but the one to go to is at the end of the Huntington Beach pier.
Me 'N Ed's pizza, Lakewood. This is also a small chain, but this place is frozen in time....looks virtually the same as it did when I was growing up and started going there in the early 70's. Pizza is exactly the same.

Honorable mentions: In-N-Out and Portillos Hot Dogs.

Grumpy

Hub's pick: Tony's Riverhouse in Benedict. It has closed. It is now called the River's Edge. We have not been there since it changed hands.

When Tony had it, it was a bit better than average but still a far cry from outstanding.

The last 2 memorable meals I've had over the past 5 years were at Lewnes and Harry Brownes, both in Annapolis. Probably 10 years ago, ate at Aberdeen Barn in Williamsburg which was very, very good.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The only ones that really stand out in my mind are...

Restaurante El Faro de Cádiz - Cadiz Spain
The Blue Duck - Cottesloe Australia
Dixie Diner - Little Rock Arkansas

terbear1225

The only ones that really stand out in my mind are...

Restaurante El Faro de Cádiz - Cadiz Spain
The Blue Duck - Cottesloe Australia
Dixie Diner - Little Rock Arkansas

so many of my favorite meals were random places in Europe, but I never knew the name of the restaurants or have long since forgotten them. A good test is if I come home and look up recipes to attempt to copy the meal! took several attempts to get the Hungarian paprikash right! (hint: make sure you don't use the wrong paprika or no one but bohman will be able to eat it!)