More Gibbs...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
... :banghead: in today's Post.

The summary;

1. When Mark was qb'ing, we got a lot of cover 2 from defenses which makes it tough to run consistently. Al Saunders

2. The cover 2 is vulnerable across the middle. Everyone who has ever coached or played pro ball.

3. Mark did a great job on passes not to the middle. Joe Gibbs.

4. Defenses have to back off run support when you throw deep, even if you don't complete them all. Every one who has ever coached or played pro ball.

5. Jason Campbell is doing a heck of a job on those middle routes. Joe Gibbs.

6. Jason kinda has a comfort level on those, he likes throwing them. Joe Gibbs.

7. Mark has tended to not be comfortable throwing across the middle. Everyone who ever coached or played pro ball, including opposing defensive coordinators and players.

8. We're not tailoring the offense to Jason. Joe and Al.

9. We've gained a consistent running game of late.

10. Jason sure throws that middle stuff pretty good. Joe Gibbs.

Now, nothing could be finer than to be Mark Brunell and have Joe as your boss. You really can't do any wrong. I mean, Gibbs has already made it clear the guy will be the #2 qb NEXT year. :jameo:

This whole thing is endlessly frustrating. We're told that the team has re-discovered 'Redskins' football, run the ball, stop the run.

Anyone who is even a casual fan is familiar with the concept of going after an opponents weakness, be it a slower player, a play calling tendency, inexperienced players, be what it may. It's the ENTIRE point of coaching, especially when dogged determination isn't enough; we need to do this to be successful and here's how.

I've been filtering though my mind, a scary enough proposition right there, my mind, a corollary between Joe Gibbs and George W. Bush of late; two people who have a problem confusing effort and results and are bent on doing it there way in defiance of all the rules and laws of their endeavors; football and it's real world father, war.

You heard that here first.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's like...

Two-er said:
Evertime they win one game they think they've finally turned things around.

...Bush after one day of no mass murders in Iraq or a drunk after one day sober.