More GMO News

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Study shows pig health damaged by genetically modified feed
Pigs fed a diet of only genetically modified (GM) grain showed markedly higher stomach inflammation than pigs who dined on conventional feed, according to a new study by a team of Australian scientists and U.S. researchers.

The study adds to an intensifying public debate over the impact of genetically modified crops, which are widely used by the U.S. and many other countries around the world

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Study shows pig health damaged by genetically modified feed
Pigs fed a diet of only genetically modified (GM) grain showed markedly higher stomach inflammation than pigs who dined on conventional feed, according to a new study by a team of Australian scientists and U.S. researchers.

The study adds to an intensifying public debate over the impact of genetically modified crops, which are widely used by the U.S. and many other countries around the world

Aren't those pigs genetically modified??

Maybe we screwed up their digestive systems while modifying them for commercial use??

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Aren't those pigs genetically modified??

Maybe we screwed up their digestive systems while modifying them for commercial use??

The heck if I know anymore. :lmao:

I think there are two different kinds of GMO and people get them confused.

One is the kind done through selective breeding over years to get the best product. I'm fine with that.

The other is not just selective breeding, but has bug repellant, and various other little chemical goodies to make them "new and improved". Those I'm not so sure about.

I understand wanting to feed everybody and do it cheaply, but sometimes I wonder if the rush to do so, doesn't allow all the research on the long term consequences to be factored in.

MMM_donuts

One is the kind done through selective breeding over years to get the best product. I'm fine with that.

The other is not just selective breeding, but has bug repellant, and various other little chemical goodies to make them "new and improved". Those I'm not so sure about.

I understand wanting to feed everybody and do it cheaply, but sometimes I wonder if the rush to do so, doesn't allow all the research on the long term consequences to be factored in.

I agree, I wish the food system was more transparent so we could better our ability to make the appropriate and necessary intake decisions for ourselves and our families.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

This is what they're talking about when they (Monsanto) talk about GMO, it's also known as gene splicing.

Genetic engineering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Preliminary report of a scout study. Don't place too much weight on the outcome until it has been replicated and done in much larger populations in other piggeries. Don't lose any sleep over GMO 'warmers' and their complaints.