More lost hockey

jg21

Well, all NHL games through 12/14, plus all star weekend cancelled. They're going to kill the game. I know I'll watch again when they return, but doubt I'll spend money to go to games. Just lost my great seats for the 12/5 game against the Rangers.

Hank

my war
Well, all NHL games through 12/14, plus all star weekend cancelled. They're going to kill the game. I know I'll watch again when they return, but doubt I'll spend money to go to games. Just lost my great seats for the 12/5 game against the Rangers.

Blame Bettman. 3rd lockout in his tenure as commish... kiss the season goodbye!

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

How the hell do they keep him around?

The NHL sanctioning body is an even bigger joke than IndyCar (which, ironically, is also on NBC Sports channel)

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

Yeah, I think I'll just figure out something else to do with that time from now on. If hockey doesn't need me, I guess I don't need hockey.

So, anyone watching the news about Snoop Dog ('scuse me, Snoop Lion) wanting to buy into Glasgow Celtic? He said he'd like to get Beckham on the team a couple days ago. Today, I heard that Beckham is going to leave the LA team. Hmmmm...

Maybe I'll just start following MLS...:coffee:

DipStick

Maybe I'll just start following MLS...:coffee:

I HATE not having FOX Soccer Channel on DirecTV. (it's not even included in the sports package:confused:) UEFA Champions League and EPL are the very best there is for soccer... though MLS isn't something to balk at.

Hopefully more international soccer will find it's way to my television when they pull the plug on SPEED Channel and turn it in to FOX Sports 1.

R

retiredweaxman

I HATE not having FOX Soccer Channel on DirecTV. (it's not even included in the sports package:confused:) UEFA Champions League and EPL are the very best there is for soccer... though MLS isn't something to balk at.

Hopefully more international soccer will find it's way to my television when they pull the plug on SPEED Channel and turn it in to FOX Sports 1.

Hey Dip, you want international futbol (soccer) on DirecTV? Go to channel 620 for BeIn Sport. Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus are also available. I subscribed to the sports package years ago and get them.

I have been a fan of FC Barcelona for over 25 years and catch virtually every Barca La Liga game live. They also carry Ligue 1 from France and Calcio games from Italy.

Champions League and UEFA Cup games? Got em live too. Better channel than GolTV (what they used to carry) as GolTV was a Spanish channel. Announcers were British (couple of Americans thrown in) and the halftime commercials were all in Spanish. Now with BeIn Sport, everything is in English.

DipStick

Hey Dip, you want international futbol (soccer) on DirecTV? Go to channel 620 for BeIn Sport. Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus are also available. I subscribed to the sports package years ago and get them.

I have been a fan of FC Barcelona for over 25 years and catch virtually every Barca La Liga game live. They also carry Ligue 1 from France and Calcio games from Italy.

Champions League and UEFA Cup games? Got em live too. Better channel than GolTV (what they used to carry) as GolTV was a Spanish channel. Announcers were British (couple of Americans thrown in) and the halftime commercials were all in Spanish. Now with BeIn Sport, everything is in English.

I was Googling something and saw that NBC Sports Network actually has broadcast rights to EPL beginning next year. :yay:

Baz

This. ------------------>

Though it's the popular thing to do, blaming Bettman doesn't make much sense. As I've stated before, he's just a mouthpiece for the owners. Fehr is the mouthpiece for the players, but he's had a much larger role in keeping the players in line and "unified".

I blame the owners and the players. Both are too stubborn to get anything done. The players are ridiculous by holding out for more than a 50% share of revenue, and the owners are ridiculous by demanding the players rework their previous contracts to immediately fit the parameters of a new bargaining agreement.

The blame for this trainwreck is equally shared.

DipStick

I wonder why NHL's sole television provider is so quiet. I mean, without NHL, there's absolutely nothing worth watching on NBC sports channel except when they air Baltimore Indy. I can't imagine a scenario where NBC Sports Channel is happy about the lost advertising revenue.

homedepot20

I wonder why NHL's sole television provider is so quiet. I mean, without NHL, there's absolutely nothing worth watching on NBC sports channel except when they air Baltimore Indy. I can't imagine a scenario where NBC Sports Channel is happy about the lost advertising revenue.

Sunday Night FOOTBALL with Faith Hill :hot:

Hank

my war
Though it's the popular thing to do, blaming Bettman doesn't make much sense. As I've stated before, he's just a mouthpiece for the owners. Fehr is the mouthpiece for the players, but he's had a much larger role in keeping the players in line and "unified".

I blame the owners and the players. Both are too stubborn to get anything done. The players are ridiculous by holding out for more than a 50% share of revenue, and the owners are ridiculous by demanding the players rework their previous contracts to immediately fit the parameters of a new bargaining agreement.

The blame for this trainwreck is equally shared.

Bettman's job is to expand the NHL's profitability and mediate league issues between owners and players.. A commissioner of a league should represent both sides and not try to be this "mouthpiece" for the owners...Look at his history and the spike he has driven between the owners and players during his tenure...For the third time he has not been able to bring the two sides together in due time to resolve issues which in turn shuts down a huge corporation/business. Imagine if your job shut down for a year due to inept managing of the business?? He is far more than just a "mouthpiece" for the owners, believe that! Why have they waited until the witching hour to try and get an agreement together? Who is at fault for that since the owners were the ones that terminated the collective bargaining agreement.

The owners shot themselves in their own foot by offering contracts and driving the price up per player. Players took a 25% salary reduction during the last strike and since then revenue in the game has grown as should salaries. Again, the owners drove the price up..

Another point to consider, if Bettman could have come up with a better deal for broadcasting rights, that alone would line the pockets of the owners to be able to backup the rising cost/value of the players. "The league settled on a 10-year national television deal with Comcast’s NBC worth only $2 billion and 100 games to be aired nationally".... That's absurd!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Bettman's job is to expand the NHL's profitability and mediate league issues between owners and players.. A commissioner of a league should represent both sides and not try to be this "mouthpiece" for the owners...Look at his history and the spike he has driven between the owners and players during his tenure...For the third time he has not been able to bring the two sides together in due time to resolve issues which in turn shuts down a huge corporation/business. Imagine if your job shut down for a year due to inept managing of the business?? He is far more than just a "mouthpiece" for the owners, believe that! Why have they waited until the witching hour to try and get an agreement together? Who is at fault for that since the owners were the ones that terminated the collective bargaining agreement.

The owners shot themselves in their own foot by offering contracts and driving the price up per player. Players took a 25% salary reduction during the last strike and since then revenue in the game has grown as should salaries. Again, the owners drove the price up..

Another point to consider, if Bettman could have come up with a better deal for broadcasting rights, that alone would line the pockets of the owners to be able to backup the rising cost/value of the players. "The league settled on a 10-year national television deal with Comcast’s NBC worth only $2 billion and 100 games to be aired nationally".... That's absurd!

:yeahthat:

Bettman is definitely NOT neutral and IMO, has ruined the NHL. Seriously, THREE lockouts? Time for him to go!