More on MD Drivers Licenses

stgislander

PREMO Member
I have seen the lines out the door lately at MVA's.
If you have an appt do you still have to wait in the line to check in by the door, or did you just grab a seat until they called your appointment?
You still have to check-in at the window by the door.

John Z

if you will
you still have to check in .. shorter line to the left at the service desk [waldorf branch]
Yeah, it was odd when I went. There wasn't even a line at all at the service desk to stand in; I just had to stand over to the left near a sign (where presumably a short line forms occasionally).

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
There was one person in front of me at the "check in" counter, and two people working behind it. She looked over my document stack, pointed out that my voter registration card was not sufficient because it had a PO Box address, looked at the extra backup documents I'd brought, just in case, ...declared it all good and gave me a number. Not 15 minutes later I was outa there.

calvcopf

isn't that the ONLY line, everything from there is "we will call you up by number"?
So if there is a line out the door, you are in it.
Yes, in St.Mary's Co, anyway. Don't know about every location.
I didn't have an appt and line was out the door. So I decided to leave and come back with an appt.

Guess I will be back in that line again next time too.

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
There was one person in front of me at the "check in" counter, and two people working behind it. She looked over my document stack, pointed out that my voter registration card was not sufficient because it had a PO Box address, looked at the extra backup documents I'd brought, just in case, ...declared it all good and gave me a number. Not 15 minutes later I was outa there.

So, when you went in, did they issue a new license? Or just verify the documents you provided?

kalmd

Been to the Loveville MVA three times in the last couple of weeks. If you have an appointment, make sure your ticket shows an appt #, not a letter and a number. There was only one check-in line (although the signs overhead show is as being 2 lines) but someone who works there came through the line a couple of times asking for people who had appointments and took them ahead of the others.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, when you went in, did they issue a new license? Or just verify the documents you provided?

Updated my documentation for my 'Real ID'

but someone who works there came through the line a couple of times asking for people who had appointments and took them ahead of the others.

waldorf has a seperate sign at the desk 'online' apts line up here

BernieP

Resident PIA
but someone who works there came through the line a couple of times asking for people who had appointments and took them ahead of the others.
LOL - bet that made them popular with those still waiting (and not aware)
Any explanation given as to why they didn't have a separate line?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I was reading in my hometown paper that folks up in Garrett Co are pretty upset. Their MVA substation is only open two days a week and they do not accept appointments. The line to get in the building wraps around the parking lot. For some, the roundtrip drive to next closest MVA office is around 100 miles.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I was reading in my hometown paper that folks up in Garrett Co are pretty upset. Their MVA substation is only open two days a week and they do not accept appointments. The line to get in the building wraps around the parking lot. For some, the roundtrip drive to next closest MVA office is around 100 miles.

Wow. They must have to travel to Frostburg or maybe Hagerstown.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wow. They must have to travel to Frostburg or maybe Hagerstown.
Actually they go to LaVale, just down the mountain from Frostburg. Depending on where you are in Garrett Co, could mean you have the joy of coming down Backbone Mt.