Here is the Cleveland news with more in depth information:
Hudson Mayor Craig Shubert, parents call for resignation of Hudson School Board, teachers after students receive book of inappropriate writing prompts
Hudson Mayor Craig Shubert and Hudson High School parents are calling for the resignation of the Hudson School Board and teachers after students in the school’s Liberal Arts II writing class received a book of inappropriate writing prompts, “642 Things to Write About.”
More information is needed before I'm ready to make a judgement against the school board, but they don't seem to be terrible concerned about this situation. I'd first fire and perhaps bring charges against the "teacher" who distributed this garbage:
- “Choose how you will die.
- Write a scene that begins: ‘It was the first time I killed a man.’
- Describe your favorite part of a man’s body using only verbs.
- You have a dream that you’ve murdered someone. Who is it, how and why did the murder happen, and what happens afterward?
- You are a serial killer. What TV shows are on your DVR list? Why?
- The kill fee.
- Write a sex scene you wouldn’t show your mom.
- Rewrite the sex scene from above into one that you’d let your mom read.
- You have just been caught in bed by a jealous spouse. How will you talk your way out of this?
- Write a sermon for a beloved preacher who has been caught in a sex scandal.
- Describe a time when you wanted to orgasm but couldn’t.
- Ten euphemisms for sex.
- You are a brand-new suicide-hotline counselor. Describe how you feel during the course of your first call.
- Write a letter from the point of view of a drug addict.
- Drink a beer. Write about the taste.
- Write an X-rated Disney scenario.
- A roomful of people who want to sleep together.
- The first time you had sex.”
Either way, this teacher used extremely poor judgement and needs to get gone.