Catastrophic

Potentially Paralyzing

Crippling

Storm Imminent

The grocery chains must be paying them big bucks.:killingme

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I think the Farmers Almanac said this was going to happen

Didn't happen if there isn't a link, actually the new rule is at least two sources, I think. It may have changed in the last few hours. :killingme You may have to consult LibertyBeacon (or whatever) for the new rule.

Severa

Common sense ain't common
Governor O’Malley Declares State Of Emergency

smnewsnet.com

Maryland residents should prepare now for what is expected to be the largest snowfall of the season. Forecasters are predicting about 6-10 inches of snow – or more — for most of Maryland depending on the final track of the storm.

In anticipation of the storm, Governor Martin O’Malley has issued a State of Emergency Declaration, which will allow the state to deploy members of the Maryland National Guard, allow emergency contracting by the Department of General Services and waive certain rules and regulations to speed recovery from the storms.

-----------------------------------

Interesting....On top of this, waiting to see what happens tomorrow evening at the St Mary's County Board of Education meeting, they'll be voting on Dr. Martirano's recommendation to have school on Mon Feb 17 (President's Day)

Downgraded...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HAS
ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW AND SLEET... WHICH IS IN
EFFECT FROM 8 PM WEDNESDAY TO NOON EST THURSDAY. THE WINTER STORM
WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...HEAVY SNOW AND SLEET.

* ACCUMULATIONS...3 TO 5 INCHES.

hotcoffee

Lusby Hardware in Prince Frederick still has sleds, shovels, batteries, salt and stuff to take the salt off after the storm.... We also have generators [in case the prediction changes to ice] and snow blowers [in case the prediction jumps]... That's the store beside the court house on main street.... the store closes at 5:30 today.

:coffee:

ginwoman

Lusby Hardware in Prince Frederick still has sleds, shovels, batteries, salt and stuff to take the salt off after the storm.... We also have generators [in case the prediction changes to ice] and snow blowers [in case the prediction jumps]... That's the store beside the court house on main street.... the store closes at 5:30 today.

:coffee:

I was at that store a long long time ago. Was a nice store. Probably will be busy the next couple days.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
and remember....

Attachments

• 1510969_10151927322259397_1432442097_n.jpg
    1510969_10151927322259397_1432442097_n.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 121

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Lifted from Justin Berk's FB page:

*A clipper will arrive Friday night into Saturday morning with another 1-3 inches of snow. This will reach southern Maryland and the beaches as well.