Morphine

lovinmaryland

Does any one know how long this stays in your system or the side effects from it (nausea, lightheadness, dizziness,etc) last?

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
How long its in your system varies by dosage and person.....I have seen many on morphine in hospitals..generally it has a strong sedating effect on people..in and out of sleep..trouble concentrating or participating in discussion..etc...however it can have bizarre effects on the elderly..often making them hallucinate (spiders for some reason is the one I have seen most) or change their personality (often not for the better ) Or making them extremely confused and discombobulated. For the average adult it really only seems to sedate them.

Most I have seen are continually dosed...so it is hard to guess how long they last..but shouldnt last more than about half a day.

Last edited:

sockgirl77

Does any one know how long this stays in your system or the side effects from it (nausea, lightheadness, dizziness,etc) last?

I had it in a drip after my tubal ligation. Good stuff. Once they took it away from me it went out of my system and I felt fine. No nausea (sp?) but I react well to pain killers and such.

lovinmaryland

I had it in a drip after my tubal ligation. Good stuff. Once they took it away from me it went out of my system and I felt fine. No nausea (sp?) but I react well to pain killers and such.

They gave me a 10mg injection of morphine last night and I still feel a little lightheaded and nauseated (sp) :dead:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
They gave me a 10mg injection of morphine last night and I still feel a little lightheaded and nauseated (sp) :dead:

I wouldn't think that you should still feel that way. I had an injection of it and the nausea was gone w/in a few hours. Have you had anything to eat? I had not had food since that evening, got morphine around 3/4 AM. the only thing they could give me was a popsicle, which helped a bit.

bcp

In My Opinion
Morphine does nothing for me.

10mg would be like sniffing the cap from a beer bottle.

now that delata, or delatin,, whatever they call it,, different story completely.

lovinmaryland

I wouldn't think that you should still feel that way. I had an injection of it and the nausea was gone w/in a few hours. Have you had anything to eat? I had not had food since that evening, got morphine around 3/4 AM. the only thing they could give me was a popsicle, which helped a bit.
I laid down for a bit in the back office and feel a little better.

now that delata, or delatin,, whatever they call it,, different story completely.

It didnt really do anything for me either... other than make me dizzy, nauseated, and hot.

deladin (sp) is like a wonder drug! that shiat takes you to another planet :dye:

Pandora

I had a terrible reaction after a dose of morphine. The only parts of my body I could move was my neck and mouth and swore I was spinning around and bugs were crawling all over my body. I was grateful I puked and blacked out.

Morphine = nasty