Mortgage mess

Who is responsible for the mortgage mess?

• Clinton

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Bush

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Forestal

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
Here's a question for you? Who is responsible for the mortgage mess? Clinton or Bush? After you vote, click on the NY times article attached.

Attachments

• NY_Times_1999.pdf
    166.8 KB · Views: 61

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Oh Please

The problem couldn't possibly be the flocks of real estate agents, mortgage brokers, home builders, house flippers, and citizens themselves that took advantage of that gesture to manipulate the system could it?

So why don't you add all those people, especially those that took out "liar's loans" and those that helped them to get them, and add them to your poll, by group.

I've always found it odd that people can tell the IRS each year how much money they supposedly make, but couldn't prove it to the bank to buy all those houses.

The whole game was rigged and nearly everyone played along because they were promised riches. Now that its fell apart and you're not getting your money, it's somehow not your fault anymore.

Well, enjoy your bailout tax, you earned it!

Need proof? Here you go:

http://forums.somd.com/life-souther...aying-affordable-housing-smc.html#post3404620

How Hidden Incentives Distort Home Prices - WSJ.com

New Listing! (Sort Of)

Here's a question for you? Who is responsible for the mortgage mess? Clinton or Bush? After you vote, click on the NY times article attached.

Highlander

ONE NATION UNDER GOD
The problem couldn't possibly be the flocks of real estate agents, mortgage brokers, home builders, house flippers, and citizens themselves that took advantage of that gesture to manipulate the system could it?

So why don't you add all those people, especially those that took out "liar's loans" and those that helped them to get them, and add them to your poll, by group.

I've always found it odd that people can tell the IRS each year how much money they supposedly make, but couldn't prove it to the bank to buy all those houses.

The whole game was rigged and nearly everyone played along because they were promised riches. Now that its fell apart and you're not getting your money, it's somehow not your fault anymore.

Well, enjoy your bailout tax, you earned it!

Need proof? Here you go:

http://forums.somd.com/life-souther...aying-affordable-housing-smc.html#post3404620

How Hidden Incentives Distort Home Prices - WSJ.com

New Listing! (Sort Of)

No arguement from me. Maybe I should have worded it a little differently. When did it all start? Who wanted to see more Americans in homes by easing restrictions? Who flipped the switch to turn on the mess? My point is to show people that this wasn't Bush's fault, like everything else. It's funny. Anytime anything goes wrong, I just say sarcastically "It's Bush's fault." My daughter saw me fixing one of the room door hinges this morning. She asked me how it broke. I told her it's Bush's fault.

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
My .02 Cents

It actually started in the mid 90's when capital gains tax laws were changed.

As to who is responsible? Everybody. Every single politician that didn't stand on their desk screaming that this had to be stopped and is on record for doing so. And everyone who controlled government policy that allowed the mess to grow, spread, and prosper. You have numerous examples in history detailing how this house mess would end. Look at tulip bulbs in the 17th century.

The politicians set off with admirable intentions, but greedy people took advantage of those intentions and ruled the day. The corruption went unchecked until it was too late.

In the end we've lost the ability to hold people accountable. It's used to be we held people responsible for what happened on their watch, and if they're a true leader, they hold themselves responsible for what happened on their watch and just step down in shame. Nowadays, it's "hey, my bad," and by the way it's election time again!

No arguement from me. Maybe I should have worded it a little differently. When did it all start? Who wanted to see more Americans in homes by easing restrictions? Who flipped the switch to turn on the mess? My point is to show people that this wasn't Bush's fault, like everything else. It's funny. Anytime anything goes wrong, I just say sarcastically "It's Bush's fault." My daughter saw me fixing one of the room door hinges this morning. She asked me how it broke. I told her it's Bush's fault.