Mortgage Rates!!!!

foodforthought

In the refinancing process- but what is up with these rates! Im still floating, hoping for something good to happen-but Im getting very anxious as I wathc them rise alot one day,then drop a tiny bit the next! Any predictions or useful info? At the start we could get 4.125 but didnt lock since the week before it was as low as 4%, now we are getting up to 4.5%!!! Closing still a month out thank godness!!

Wenchy

Hot Flash
In the refinancing process- but what is up with these rates! Im still floating, hoping for something good to happen-but Im getting very anxious as I wathc them rise alot one day,then drop a tiny bit the next! Any predictions or useful info? At the start we could get 4.125 but didnt lock since the week before it was as low as 4%, now we are getting up to 4.5%!!! Closing still a month out thank godness!!

Good grief. Lock in when it gets low again...and read the fine print.

I had a 7% with MD Bond. They would never let me refinance. The rate was actually good at the time, but then I was pretty much stuck.

limblips

PREMO Member
I just closed on a 10 year fixed at 3.875. Shop around, you should be able to get a 30 year fixed for around 4%.

L

letmetellyou

I just closed on a 10 year fixed at 3.875. Shop around, you should be able to get a 30 year fixed for around 4%.

I know someone who closed just this week with NFCU at 3.8 fixed 15 years.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Good grief. Lock in when it gets low again...and read the fine print.

I had a 7% with MD Bond. They would never let me refinance. The rate was actually good at the time, but then I was pretty much stuck.
Go to another lender and refi. Pay MD Bond off. These rates are too good to pass up.

BrianB

Refinanced last week, 4.25% for 30 yrs fixed, no points. Pay close attention to your HUD-1 at closing, any fees or charges you see that you don't understand or expect, ASK the settlement attorney for an explanation. If the lender can't explain the charge, they will remove it....saved myself $700 in closing costs. The attorney told me that most people don't ask, they just sign.

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Go to another lender and refi. Pay MD Bond off. These rates are too good to pass up.

The house was mine at the time and I was a stay at home mom. I couldn't refinance without putting him on the title. He bought me out and did the re-fi. He has a brand new BMW (fancy one) and a new F-150.

Smart guy. :killingme

He now owes over 250K on a pretty home that only 30K was owed on.

Whatever floats your boat.

foodforthought

Refinanced last week, 4.25% for 30 yrs fixed, no points. Pay close attention to your HUD-1 at closing, any fees or charges you see that you don't understand or expect, ASK the settlement attorney for an explanation. If the lender can't explain the charge, they will remove it....saved myself $700 in closing costs. The attorney told me that most people don't ask, they just sign.

Thanks for the tidbit!
Yes the points seem to be the problem! Up & Down-and I am definently trying not to add on more $$ at the end! And I will check the sheet-looking for savings anyway we can get them these days-already saved about $400 just by shopping around for settlement companies-wouldnt you know that one of the biggest companies locally would be the cheapest(and so friendly & helpful)!!