Mother Nature almost got me

glhs837

Power with Control
Nice fake almost nailed me. Coming up 235 this AM about 0655 between Park Hall Road and Hermanville. Some traffic going north with me, some coming south. Notice a turkey buzzard/vulture ahead, really low, maybe 10 feet up sweeping across the lanes. Knowing a hit from that beast might take me out, he takes some of my attention. Most of the rest is on traffic, just as he clears the roadway, I see why he was doing that, a dead rabbit just right of center, where I like to be a lot as it gives me shielding from oncoming, an out to the right a bit quicker, but still close enough to center to see what oncoming is doing. Missed it's bloody lumpy carcass with an inch to spare. Not a close enough call to raise the heart rate, but enough to make me shake my head that I was even that close. Good lesson in attention division.

Most likely I would have rolled over that mess with at worst some nasty stains on my pants cuffs, but you never know with even a small animal.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
EEWW, lucky miss.

She got me yesterday. Gorgeous out, warm, brought the bike to work and figured I'd take her down to Pt Lookout for my lunch hour. Beautiful, perfect temp for riding. Then I made that turn into the park. Huh, bit cooler here.

Got on the causeway, thought I'd freeze before I could get to the lighthouse and get turned around!

Guess Ole Mother Nature showed me!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Most likely I would have rolled over that mess with at worst some nasty stains on my pants cuffs, but you never know with even a small animal.

Yep, you never know. Good buddy of mine went down for a long slide after striking a ground hog.

glhs837

Power with Control
EEWW, lucky miss.

She got me yesterday. Gorgeous out, warm, brought the bike to work and figured I'd take her down to Pt Lookout for my lunch hour. Beautiful, perfect temp for riding. Then I made that turn into the park. Huh, bit cooler here.

Got on the causeway, thought I'd freeze before I could get to the lighthouse and get turned around!

Guess Ole Mother Nature showed me!

Took the long way home, meaning I went down to Mattapany instead of Park Hall. As I passed the St Marys City post office the temp started dropping, by the time I started going uphill it was downright chilly.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Rule #1: when running over guts, grease, sand, rocks, potholes, terrorists, animals smaller than you and the bike, smart cars or any other road gremlin, 101 times out of 100 more throttle is the path to stability and ending the ride at home.

glhs837

Power with Control
Rule #1: when running over guts, grease, sand, rocks, potholes, terrorists, animals smaller than you and the bike, smart cars or any other road gremlin, 101 times out of 100 more throttle is the path to stability and ending the ride at home.

Yep. It's amazing how many people simply refuse to comprehend that quite often MOAR POWER really is a valid solution. Can bring stability to a situation.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yep. It's amazing how many people simply refuse to comprehend that quite often MOAR POWER really is a valid solution. Can bring stability to a situation.

What's amazing is how many people choose to get on a street bike and have no clue how the things work be it suspension, rake and trail, the enormous role of the front break or what the throttle does. Add to that lack of knowledge about our vision and how that works and we got us a recipe for a mess.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What's amazing is how many people choose to get on a street bike and have no clue how the things work be it suspension, rake and trail, the enormous role of the front break or what the throttle does. .

Wuht da throttle do? Rake...I know what to do with that. Got me nice rake too.