Mother of the groom wedding help, please

crzy1

Since my only child is getting married I know I will be bawling like a baby-so what is a good waterproof mascara. I always end up with racoon eyes even with waterproof mascara.

Who does decent catering for a reasonable price locally and any suggestions on where to get a cake would be appreciated. I went to JOP so I haven't a clue.

Thanks for any help you can give.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
crzy1 said:
Since my only child is getting married I know I will be bawling like a baby-so what is a good waterproof mascara.
Try not to cry before the pictures get taken. But if you can't help it, here's a crying technique I learned at a "women in business" seminar (for when the boss #####es you out and you need to relieve some stress before returning to the meeting):

Don't try to suppress the tears but don't sob, either. Take long, slow deep breaths and let the tears come. This will help keep your eyes and face from getting red and swollen.

Dab below your eyes with a tissue to keep the tears from splashing on your dress, but don't dab AT your eyes - this is what goofs up your mascara.

When you're under control again, tidy up your makeup with a Qtip dipped in makeup remover. Swipe it above and below your lashes, taking care not to disturb the actual eyelashes themselves. Buff on a face powder, replace your lipstick and you're back in action. :yay:

**tiff**

crzy1 said:
Since my only child is getting married I know I will be bawling like a baby-so what is a good waterproof mascara. I always end up with racoon eyes even with waterproof mascara.

Who does decent catering for a reasonable price locally and any suggestions on where to get a cake would be appreciated. I went to JOP so I haven't a clue.

I would highly recommend Isabelle Williams for the wedding cake. Tasted great and very reasonable price.
301-769-3786

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
crzy1 said:

If you care for advice from a guy, I do know food. :lol:
There's a place down here in King George, Va (don't know how far that is for you) that makes the best cake I have ever had. Mary's Cakery and Candy Kitchen (540) 775-9350.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
**tiff** said:
I would highly recommend Isabelle Williams for the wedding cake. Tasted great and very reasonable price.
301-769-3786
Isabelle's cakes are superb!

Local wedding caterers....I thought the bride's family handled that and the groom's family handled the rehearsal dinner. :confused:

Anyhow you can't go wrong with Bailey's. Rita B and Thompson's also do a great job.

If you are doing a nice, intimate affair, our own Airgasm is quite the chef.

morganj614

crzy1 said:

Cover Girl Waterproof Marathon Mascara in a green tube stays on like glue. It comes off only with baby oil or vaseline.

crzy1

Local wedding caterers....I thought the bride's family handled that and the groom's family handled the rehearsal dinner. :confused:

Yes, normally, but son/fiance asked us to help with more of the stuff that is not traditional for the groom's parents and we said yes. We are still doing the rehearsal dinner as well. Son/fiance are doing most of the paying with us and her parents contributing to the pot as well.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
crzy1 said:

Yes, normally, but son/fiance asked us to help with more of the stuff that is not traditional for the groom's parents and we said yes. We are still doing the rehearsal dinner as well. Son/fiance are doing most of the paying with us and her parents contributing to the pot as well.
Ahh. With today's prices that's more than understandable. If you are in St. Mary's I stand by my recommendations.

crzy1

Bustem' Down said:
If you care for advice from a guy, I do know food. :lol:
There's a place down here in King George, Va (don't know how far that is for you) that makes the best cake I have ever had. Mary's Cakery and Candy Kitchen (540) 775-9350.

I don't mind advice from a guy. Guys know food as well as women. The rumours you hear about me being a sexist pig are not true. I am a fat piggy, but not sexist!

King George is kind of far, I live in calvert, but I appreciate the thought!

redhead77

**tiff** said:
301-769-3786

I second Isabelle. She is doing my cake for June and her cakes are beautiful and reasonably priced. :yay:

jrogers

crzy1 said:
so what is a good waterproof mascara.

I have used clear mascara before and it worked great.

I hate that waterproof stuff- takes forever to come off.

I have a family member who makes wedding cakes, you can pm me for the info if you havent' found someone yet.

Good Luck.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
migtig said:
Jeneva's Cakes
135 W Dares Beach Rd, Prince Frederick, MD 20678
(410) 535-2713

Don't think she's at that location. She's now at the Calvert Market in Prince Frederick.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
cattitude said:
Don't think she's at that location. She's now at the Calvert Market in Prince Frederick.
Well she makes the yummiest cakes where she may be now. Plus I simply adore her as a person.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
There's a mascara made by Blinc called "Kiss me" and it's great for crying times...I've seen it at 'Hair it Is' in Lexington Park....it's different than any other mascara I've ever worn, it's like little 'tubes' on your lashes, but looks wonderful.

"Brides Magazine ranked Kiss Me mascara as one of the top 10 mascaras to wear on your wedding day!"​

did a google search and you can get it on-line too...

giggles79

redhead77 said:
I second Isabelle. She is doing my cake for June and her cakes are beautiful and reasonably priced. :yay:

Isabelle's cakes are wonderful! And there is a lady in Ridge that does the best cakes ever! I can give you her name and number if you'd like.

As far as Catering - Rita B did my wedding and you can't go wrong. Joyous Occasions Catering is another one with fantastic food and they're fairly new.
301-481-8672 Larry and Flora Joy