Mother of the Year Award?

meme

The Smart Hooker
So I'm sitting on the couch watching the local news here. A woman comes on bawling like crazy. She is crying because she can't find her two daughters (she's from New Orleans btw.)

Apparently she sent her two daughters to her next door neighbors house for the hurricane. However, the next day before the hurricane hit, she takes off to Orlando and just leaves her daughters in New Orleans with the neighbor. She has the nerve to start crying to the TV cameras that she can't find her daughters. Why in God's name wouldn't she take her kids with her to Orlando to escape the hurricane? Why would she seperate herself from her children to save her own arse? The things some people do. :confused:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
People do some weird shaitt in times of emergencies and panic. That's obvious, but what excuse is there to leave your daughters behind? :confused:

We HAVE been seeing/reading various horror stories coming out of NO, and it makes you wonder what kind of culture lives there?

One of our posters put up a narrative of a Louisiana Sheriffs's Deputy earlier, and if he's even half right, well, words can't begin to rationalize the situation down there.

Heck, I'm reading it, and I'm wondering if many of those who ignored the mandatory evacuation order, had it their minds: "Hey, this would be a great time to be lootin' the city for what we can get, because the police will be way too busy tryin' to save lives to mess with us."

Just a thought.