Motorcycle Accident - Avenue

wagondriver1

This is from around 2330 last night....MNA:|AVENUE(ST MARYS)*MVA W/Helo*21731 COLTONS POINT RD |IN THE AREA OF. CHIEF 5 ON SCENE, CAT. A, PRI 1 FLYOUT FROM A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT. ||TAC 1|MNA /153

J

jp2854

I stole this from the somdforums.com where g1g4 belongs

Coltons Point Rd and Full Pull Lane (?) Chief 5 on the scene, motorcycle in the ditch

2328; Helo started, cat a, pri 1
2331; Patient is in the ditch
2331; Trooper 7, 15 minute ETA
2333; LZ will be at the Optimist Park
2333; Holding the squad, two BLS ambulances, ALS
2334; Checking the area with the thermal imager to confirm no other patients
2337; Search negative on other patients
2338; Ambulance enroute to LZ, priority 1
2347; Trooper 7 on the ground
2351; 2-3 hour ETA for accident reconstruction
2352; Keeping one lane of Colton's Point Rd shut down until daylight
0017; Flight medic still on the ground, working to stabilize the patient
0026; Trooper 7 enroute to PG

royhobie

hobieflyer
Too many motorcycle accidents. They are low to the ground, dark in color and operated too fast, with little protection from an injury. Some "crotch rockets" are "DESIGNED" with the driver positioned forward in a PRE - EJECTION position. On a normal day, with good driving habits, the roads with our heavy traffic are a constant concern for everyone. Therefore, more motorcycle accidents will happen. More injuries will occur. And the deaths from motorcycle accidents will pile up.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Too many motorcycle accidents. They are low to the ground, dark in color and operated too fast, with little protection from an injury. Some "crotch rockets" are "DESIGNED" with the driver positioned forward in a PRE - EJECTION position. On a normal day, with good driving habits, the roads with our heavy traffic are a constant concern for everyone. Therefore, more motorcycle accidents will happen. More injuries will occur. And the deaths from motorcycle accidents will pile up.

STFU and stay inside a little steel box every time you want to go somewhere and leave the humans alone

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I don't think this was a crotch rocket either. Thought I heard the police say the registration returned to a Harley

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't think this was a crotch rocket either. Thought I heard the police say the registration returned to a Harley

There is a very large poker run today, started at All American and will be going all over the Southern Maryland area. Many, many bikes. If you're out and about, please be aware, not just the poker run, but look for motorcycles anywhere you're traveling. The weather is getting nice and more and more will be out.

bcp

In My Opinion
STFU and stay inside a little steel box every time you want to go somewhere and leave the humans alone
you know the majority of riders are safety conscious at all times and when those people have an accident, either someone in a car did something stupid or an animal hopped out in front of them. And I seriously hate hearing about accidents like that.

however, an example of the opposite would be these two ass clowns on crotch rockets that are on the beltway at least 3 times a week when I'm heading home. They will fly up the center lines doing at least 80 to 100 mph (and I don't think its an exaggeration on my part) Ive seen them riding the front wheel in the air for prolonged periods of time as they fly past traffic.
the cut in and out with only inches to spare, one did it to me the other day and I know he didn't have more that 2 inches of clearance from the front of my truck even after I slammed the brakes for his dumb ass.

I'm waiting, and when they do finally bite it, you can bet that I will stop and make sure that the police do not ticket any car involved in their demise.

by the way, and I'm sure you understand this, there is a thing called the Doppler effect, and when one on a crotch rocket is passing between cars at high rates of speed, by the time the driver hears them, they are right next to the drivers door. That by itself could cause the driver of the car to jerk the steering wheel and clip the back of the bike.
I don't know about everyone else, but when I'm driving I do like to look in front now and again, all my time can not be spent looking in the mirrors for the next idiot on the crotch rocket coming up on me.

now, I have no idea what happened in the accident being discussed in this thread so I'm not going to put blame on the bike or a car.

dave1959

you know the majority of riders are safety conscious at all times and when those people have an accident, either someone in a car did something stupid or an animal hopped out in front of them. And I seriously hate hearing about accidents like that.

however, an example of the opposite would be these two ass clowns on crotch rockets that are on the beltway at least 3 times a week when I'm heading home. They will fly up the center lines doing at least 80 to 100 mph (and I don't think its an exaggeration on my part) Ive seen them riding the front wheel in the air for prolonged periods of time as they fly past traffic.
the cut in and out with only inches to spare, one did it to me the other day and I know he didn't have more that 2 inches of clearance from the front of my truck even after I slammed the brakes for his dumb ass.

I'm waiting, and when they do finally bite it, you can bet that I will stop and make sure that the police do not ticket any car involved in their demise.

by the way, and I'm sure you understand this, there is a thing called the Doppler effect, and when one on a crotch rocket is passing between cars at high rates of speed, by the time the driver hears them, they are right next to the drivers door. That by itself could cause the driver of the car to jerk the steering wheel and clip the back of the bike.
I don't know about everyone else, but when I'm driving I do like to look in front now and again, all my time can not be spent looking in the mirrors for the next idiot on the crotch rocket coming up on me.

now, I have no idea what happened in the accident being discussed in this thread so I'm not going to put blame on the bike or a car.

But, you already said that it was'nt the bikes fault.....

Bikers are no differnt than car drivers, sometimes they they put their self in a bad situation and bad things happen.

Just because they are on a bike does'nt mean that the world has to watch out for them, they to have to watch out for the world..

bcp

In My Opinion
[/u]
[/i][/b]

But, you already said that it was'nt the bikes fault.....

Bikers are no differnt than car drivers, sometimes they they put their self in a bad situation and bad things happen.

Just because they are on a bike does'nt mean that the world has to watch out for them, they to have to watch out for the world..
read again dave, its not what I said
and on the other hand, I didnt say it was the bikes fault

General Lee

Was that comment necessary? Typical internet junkie that talks S*** behind a computer. By the looks of your post count you sit inside all day. Don't even waste your energy bringing your fat fingers to the keyboard to reply back.

bcp

In My Opinion
Was that comment necessary? Typical internet junkie that talks S*** behind a computer. By the looks of your post count you sit inside all day. Don't even waste your energy bringing your fat fingers to the keyboard to reply back.
and how are you enjoing this fine day outside?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Yes.
Idiots proclaiming the end of civilization :jameo: because somebody is on the highway riding a motorcycle instead of being ensconced inside a steel box with federally mandated protective devices needs to STFU. Not everybody wants to be put in a cage.

bcp

In My Opinion
Then a critter must have run out in front of it, because motorcycle riders are very careful.
or, he was one of my beltway buddies.
I know Im not the only cager waiting to see mr crotch rocket do the 100mph slide down center lane.
I even back off the pedal when they go by just to make sure when I stop Im only a gawker and not a participant in the most likely fatal accident.

If not for these a-wipes, those on cycles would not have a bad image.

General Lee

Yes.
Idiots proclaiming the end of civilization :jameo: because somebody is on the highway riding a motorcycle instead of being ensconced inside a steel box with federally mandated protective devices needs to STFU. Not everybody wants to be put in a cage.

Ok, I see your point. I can agree

glhs837

Power with Control
Barring an act of god, it most likely was the bikers fault. But, that doesnt mean all bikers on on a race towards death. You, Roy, make too many generalizations.

They are low to the ground, dark in color and operated too fast

Hmm, mine is tall, silver, and operated generally much slower than I operate my car. So, in the words of Aps, if you dont have anything more intelligent to add, pipe down. You add nothing to the conversation.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Then a critter must have run out in front of it, because motorcycle riders are very careful.

Thank you! Haven't been on my bike since October of 08, as I don't think I still have the skills. Too much numbness in the feet and I don't want anyone to hit me if I put my foot down and it doesn't work. Those who ride need to know their limits and I definitely know mine.

Barring an act of god, it most likely was the bikers fault. But, that doesnt mean all bikers on on a race towards death. You, Roy, make too many generalizations.

Hmm, mine is tall, silver, and operated generally much slower than I operate my car. So, in the words of Aps, if you dont have anything more intelligent to add, pipe down. You add nothing to the conversation.

:lol: Mine is bright red, and my helmet sits at least a foot above the roof of most cars.