Motorcycle Helmets

Mr_Bond_Got_Em

Are there any local places (I am in California) that sell full face motorcycle DOT approved helmets? I know the HD store in Mechanicsville does, was wondering if anyone knew of any more options. I'd prefer not to purchase via online. Thanks.

Freefaller

Are there any local places (I am in California) that sell full face motorcycle DOT approved helmets? I know the HD store in Mechanicsville does, was wondering if anyone knew of any more options. I'd prefer not to purchase via online. Thanks.

Try the Harley Davidson shop in Hughesville!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He closed up shop several years ago and moved to Florida.

Maybe SMCity in LP.

That's what I recalled.

Unless they just started carrying retail items since last time I was there, Rusty's SM City is a build and repair shop...they order in what they need.

bulldog

That's what I recalled.

Unless they just started carrying retail items since last time I was there, Rusty's SM City is a build and repair shop...they order in what they need.

Nope, Rusty is still not carrying retail and I doubt that he will. That guy is full on building and repairing bikes. Since he got his Dyno tuner he has just about as much as he can handle.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Nope, Rusty is still not carrying retail and I doubt that he will. That guy is full on building and repairing bikes. Since he got his Dyno tuner he has just about as much as he can handle.

Yep. Need to get my dresser in for cam drive upgrade (my '01 dresser has the junk chain drive setup) and he says they are slammed....

bulldog

Yep. Need to get my dresser in for cam drive upgrade (my '01 dresser has the junk chain drive setup) and he says they are slammed....

A buddy of mine is coming down from Elkridge Saturday morning and we're going to SMCity to get his Chieftain Dyno Tuned. 0830 appointment and much riding after that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
A buddy of mine is coming down from Elkridge Saturday morning and we're going to SMCity to get his Chieftain Dyno Tuned. 0830 appointment and much riding after that.

Nice. My dresser is carbed but my SO's Dyna is EFI and has a maxxed out 103 Screaming Eagle package....that's the kind of setup that requires a dyno and it's great to hear Rusty has one now.

bulldog

Nice. My dresser is carbed but my SO's Dyna is EFI and has a maxxed out 103 Screaming Eagle package....that's the kind of setup that requires a dyno and it's great to hear Rusty has one now.

He did my Victory a couple of weeks ago. Came out making 113 HP / 115 TQ. Happy rider. Pulls like a freight train all the way out past 6000 RPM.

The Indian's (111) make pretty good torque down low, but they quit spinning up at about 4500 RPM so they fall flat.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
He did my Victory a couple of weeks ago. Came out making 113 HP / 115 TQ. Happy rider. Pulls like a freight train all the way out past 6000 RPM.

The Indian's (111) make pretty good torque down low, but they quit spinning up at about 4500 RPM so they fall flat.

Nice! SO's 103 was tuned by Ft. Washington and came in at 101/104 or thereabouts (Going by memory..the paperwork and the tuner box and cable went with our house when it burned in '12). She never twists it past about 4500...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
What brand helmet? WalMart sells full face DOT helmets, if you value your head that much..