Mount Pleasant, SC

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Put this on your retirement considerations list. SUPER nice city with tons of stuff, small town atmosphere, hopskipjump from Charleston. This is where we're staying, at the KOA, and I thought it would be a wide spot with nothing and we'd have to go into Charleston for shopping and what have you. No! Everything on earth you might need is within a 10 mile radius, but the city still retains that air of suburb and seclusion.

We are here during their "winter", which so far lasted three days over last weekend. Morning temps in the low 30s and 20s, cold but not truly bitter, daytime temps in mid 30s. The people who live here said that they typically have a couple of days where they get serious cold, but mostly winter is like it has been through most of our stay: overnight lows in the 40s and daytime reaching high 60s to low 70s.

Summer is what would be the deal breaker, I imagine. It's humid here, so I'm guessing summers are hot and sticky and fairly miserable. Plus apparently it rains a lot.

So far we like South Carolinians. They're a laid back bunch, friendly and welcoming, with nice manners. Charleston reminds me very much of Annapolis, and Mount Pleasant is an extension of that. The population is like 60k people, which surprised me because I'd have thought it was a lot more given the amenities and services available.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Vrai, the next time you see Bubba, ask him about falling out of the top bunk in the train caboose cabin at that KOA. I think he still had a bump on his noggin from that escapade.

Aside from that incident, we LOVE Mount Pleasant. I would love to move there, as well.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
While you're in SC, might as well stop in at Clemson (a very nice town) and the partying, still dizzy with excitement campus of the National Champs Clemson Tigers. Should be a good time......

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Vrai, the next time you see Bubba, ask him about falling out of the top bunk in the train caboose cabin at that KOA. I think he still had a bump on his noggin from that escapade.

Aside from that incident, we LOVE Mount Pleasant. I would love to move there, as well.

I'm surprised more places don't repurpose these into quaint accommodations. Out west we saw a few teepees you could rent.

DSCF9027.jpg