Mountain Biking

Gwydion

Just throwing it out there if anybody is interested...

Every Sunday I head out to Patapsco State Park and ride along their trails. While not exactly hardcore mountain biking, it is along dirt paths and what not. I won't be there this sunday, but if anybody is interested, let me know and I'd love to meet up and hit the trails!

I also do the B&A or BWI trails most weeknights, so once again, if anybody is interested...

Neither of these are really in SOMD, but close enough to some of the more northern somders!

4d2008

Just throwing it out there if anybody is interested...

Every Sunday I head out to Patapsco State Park and ride along their trails. While not exactly hardcore mountain biking, it is along dirt paths and what not. I won't be there this sunday, but if anybody is interested, let me know and I'd love to meet up and hit the trails!

I also do the B&A or BWI trails most weeknights, so once again, if anybody is interested...

Neither of these are really in SOMD, but close enough to some of the more northern somders!

Who has two thumbs and is looking for new places to ride?

This guy. :howdy:

bcp

In My Opinion
I like the section of the B&A trail starting at the Disabled American Vets and going south.

Might be riding that section tomorrow with skillet girl.

I have a Trek Road bike and a Full Suspension ? (was cheap like 400 or something) skillet girl rides a hybrid. (only front suspension)
depends on where Im riding at to the bike I take for me.

Gwydion

bcp, do you know what mile that picks up on? I live right down the street from the 12.5 mile marker. I usually go park at the parking deck right by the AACC satellite campus (theres a fire station and grocery store there too). I'd love to meet up with you after work one day and hit the trail. I usually do 14-15 miles, either 7-7.5 miles down then back up, or do the BWI loop. Id be more than happy to meet you and 4d anywhere though.

Haha and I rock my $85 mountain bike from walmart. I want to get a road bike.... but will probably hold off on that until the lady and I figure out how much the wedding is gonna cost us.

bcp

In My Opinion
on the map it looks like mile 5.5 to 0 and back.
sounds about right though, it is 11 ~ 12 miles. all paved fairly flat.

and I looked, my mountain bike is a columbia.

I usally get home by 3, then have the girls till my wife gets home around 4.

4d2008

Im rocking a trek 4500 with disk brakes. love it. whenever you guys are riding let me know.

dn0121

Im in too, Im not sure where these places are but I can find out. I love to ride and haven't been out in a while.

bcp

In My Opinion

Attachments

• trek.jpg
    trek.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 80

dn0121

I just have a Giant Sedona, not sure how good it is but works. Are there any groups that do a ride every week or can we start one? I used to do a lot of night rides a few years back that was always fun. This was on trails in a park back on Ohio.

4d2008

I just have a Giant Sedona, not sure how good it is but works. Are there any groups that do a ride every week or can we start one? I used to do a lot of night rides a few years back that was always fun. This was on trails in a park back on Ohio.

this thread is going to be the start of one I do believe.

Gwydion

haha my coworker dislocated his shoulder last night at Patapsco...came into work in a sling. Apparently his front tire caught a rock as he was going over a log and he went over his handlebars. No one was around so he slammed himself against a tree til it popped back in then carried his bike the 3 miles out.

I'm going to head there tomorow although I don't know many of the far off trails. Hopefully I'll get out there by 1730 then have a good hour before the sun sets at 1840. I park at where 195 meets 166.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=south+rolling+road,+md&amp;sll=39.244319,-76.713624&amp;sspn=0.023863,0.05476&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.263493,-76.712208&amp;spn=0.09545,0.153809&amp;t=h&amp;z=13&amp;output=embed&amp;s=AARTsJobKgtTAHpfYTlejqwM_gBFpWAvZQ"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=south+rolling+road,+md&amp;sll=39.244319,-76.713624&amp;sspn=0.023863,0.05476&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;ll=39.263493,-76.712208&amp;spn=0.09545,0.153809&amp;t=h&amp;z=13&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

That parking lot. From there we ride into the park directly south.