mounted games

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i was on the show place arena web site looking at upcoming shows and i saw mounted games across amirica, is that like, pony club or something? another thing i was sooooooooooo disapointed about the Bill Pickett rodeo, :shrug: but what can i do i cant change my skin color.... ::tear drop, sniffle:: and it a rodeo like 15 mins away from me...

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Spring Festival is a Hunter/Jumper horse show...
jump2.jpg

I don't think the Bill Pickett rodeo barrs white people from attending. :smack:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
flarenuphope said:
i was on the show place arena web site looking at upcoming shows and i saw mounted games across amirica, is that like, pony club or something? another thing i was sooooooooooo disapointed about the Bill Pickett rodeo, :shrug: but what can i do i cant change my skin color.... ::tear drop, sniffle:: and it a rodeo like 15 mins away from me...

My son Jordan rode in the parade before the rodeo started. He was the only w-boy but they welcomed him all the same. They were really nice. When is the rodeo?

mingiz

Horse Poor
We went one year not knowing it was a black rodeo. I didn't care I just wanted to see a rodeo. But believe me we stuck out like sore thumbs..But never felt intimidated at all.....The only thing that did dissapoint me was that there weren't any good riders.....

fredsaid2

Phyxius said:
Spring Festival is a Hunter/Jumper horse show...
jump2.jpg

I don't think the Bill Pickett rodeo barrs white people from attending. :smack:

She's a local, I'll let her mom know the pic is here! Very nice shot :smile:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
mygoldnhorse said:
My son Jordan rode in the parade before the rodeo started. He was the only w-boy but they welcomed him all the same. They were really nice. When is the rodeo?
m. how can i enter? i dont care if its all black, i go to gwynn park high school, im used to sticking out, when theres about 9% white students, lol.
But i like it well enough, i think i would freak out if i went to like a 80% white school.

mingiz

Horse Poor
flarenuphope said:
m. how can i enter? i dont care if its all black, i go to gwynn park high school, im used to sticking out, when theres about 9% white students, lol.
But i like it well enough, i think i would freak out if i went to like a 80% white school.

Go to the website and sign thier guest book and ask :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
OOPS, sorry, I expected thread like "mounted Games" to be in the Deviance Forum..

*closing the door on my way out!!*

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
fredsaid2 said:
She's a local, I'll let her mom know the pic is here! Very nice shot :smile:

Thanks! Oh I've got more, I loved her horse and she had a great attitude about her ride. Seemed like a nice girl!

Last edited:

fredsaid2

Phyxius said:
Thanks! Oh I've got more, I loved her horse and she had a great attitude about her ride. Seemed like a nice girl!

She is and is doing very well on the circuit. They did a nice write up on her in the Enterprise last year. Do you have a website for your photography?

earlybird

Phyxius said:

What a nice surprise first thing on a cold morning! Thank you so much for posting the pic and the kind words. Only pics we've ever seen of "Pluto" and Caro. LOL... the "great attitude" is fear trying to mask itself as confidence. This one of my daughter's first courses at 3'6", he was 18 hands and a known stopper... which he did about 7 fences later and flipped her over his head into the jump.

I'd love to buy any photos you have from that show...

Oh... and to answer a question someone posted earlier... the Maryland National and the Spring Festival shows at PGEC are USEF "A" Hunter/Jumper (this pic was taken in 2006 at one of them). They are usually one of the first MD/VA outside shows for the new season.

Thank you again!!! And BIG thanks to Fredsaid for forwarding me the link!!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
earlybird said:
What a nice surprise first thing on a cold morning! Thank you so much for posting the pic and the kind words. Only pics we've ever seen of "Pluto" and Caro. LOL... the "great attitude" is fear trying to mask itself as confidence. This one of my daughter's first courses at 3'6", he was 18 hands and a known stopper... which he did about 7 fences later and flipped her over his head into the jump.

I'd love to buy any photos you have from that show...

Oh... and to answer a question someone posted earlier... the Maryland National and the Spring Festival shows at PGEC are USEF "A" Hunter/Jumper (this pic was taken in 2006 at one of them). They are usually one of the first MD/VA outside shows for the new season.

Thank you again!!! And BIG thanks to Fredsaid for forwarding me the link!!

That fall is the reason I said she had a great attitude! I think she did a great job. I had not uploaded the pictures full size for sale because I'm pretty sure they had an offical photographer at the show, but if he/she didn't get any shots of Caro and Pluto, I'd be happy to sell you what I have. Here are a few more of them, and thank you for letting me post them!

jump1.jpg

jump3.jpg

jump4.jpg

Oh, and Fredsaid, thank you for telling Caro's mom about the picture! Yes, I do have a website, www.phyxiusphotos.com . :howdy:

Last edited:

earlybird

Oh my gosh... I hate to laugh but that last pic (with Caro looking up at Pluto) is hysterical!! The flip was right in front of the judge's stand... the "look" on both their faces, priceless. What you don't "see/hear", judge told Caro to put the jump back together... needless to say, Caro was regaining her composure before she said something that shouldn't be said.
Would LOVE to have the pic of trainer when she stomped into the ring to "chat" with judge
Pluto was a sale horse and a pick up ride for my daughter... all the proofs probably went to the owner. Off to visit your website.... gotta buy gotta buy!!