Move over Marine Corps, AOC's pushing for 1.5M-strong 'Climate Corps'

glhs837

Power with Control
I heard that during the time of universal military draft, regional differences got less — when coastal peeps had to scrub latrines with good ole’ Southern boys and Dakota cowboys, they came back hating each other less. I would happily send my kids to either military or civilian program, that would do them good.

Yep, I served with folks from all walks. Society in general is mankind's greatest machine. And for all it's faults, Americas is the version that has done the most good for the most people in the history of the species. Perfect? Nothing is, and it can always be better. But you don't make a person better by removing the bones. Understanding exactly how complex this machine is, serving outside your particular piece, it helps with that, I think.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Just another money giveaway.
Now if, a huge if. If a program was actually created that mirrored something similar to the The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 that built our interstate highway system, to hire workers, (Not contract out to big business), and not to just repair and/or expand the interstate system, but to repair our roads and bridges, to build new roads and new bridges, that, would be a most acceptable program.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Now if, a huge if. If a program was actually created that mirrored something similar to the The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 that built our interstate highway system, to hire workers, (Not contract out to big business), and not to just repair and/or expand the interstate system, but to repair our roads and bridges, to build new roads and new bridges, that, would be a most acceptable program.

But you and I both know that aint going to happen.