Mover Recommendations for Long-Distance Move?

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Gotta move all my stuff from my house to a storage facility - a trip of around 700 miles or so.

Anyone know of any reputable companies who do long-distance moves?

My brother-in-law in Florida works for a national moving company. He arranges large moves (like big company type moves). I will email him and ask for a recommendation. What town will you be moving stuff to? Private storage unit (i.e. Joe Schmoo's U-Store-All), or moving company storage?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Sleuth -- I've used just about every major van line out there (Atlas, Mayflower, etc), and they're all pretty much the same. They come, pick up your stuff, and deliver it. So long as you go with a major name like those, you should be fine. It's the smaller/no-name companies you gotta look out for ... there have been reports of them telling you up front it'll cost $XXX but when you get there and they have your stuff, they surprise you with an extra 'X' in that figure, and they won't release your stuff till you pay 'em. Get the price and all in writing FIRST and you should be fine. :yay:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
Sleuth -- I've used just about every major van line out there (Atlas, Mayflower, etc), and they're all pretty much the same. They come, pick up your stuff, and deliver it. So long as you go with a major name like those, you should be fine. It's the smaller/no-name companies you gotta look out for ... there have been reports of them telling you up front it'll cost $XXX but when you get there and they have your stuff, they surprise you with an extra 'X' in that figure, and they won't release your stuff till you pay 'em. Get the price and all in writing FIRST and you should be fine. :yay:
Your kindness makes me want to dress you up in my love. :smoochy: :love:

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
huntr1 said:
My brother-in-law in Florida works for a national moving company. He arranges large moves (like big company type moves). I will email him and ask for a recommendation. What town will you be moving stuff to? Private storage unit (i.e. Joe Schmoo's U-Store-All), or moving company storage?
Moving to Lafayette, IN... to a storage space temporarily (until I can get a new house).
I've got one company that was recommended by the storage space people, and they're going to come out and do an estimate.

I'd like to get at least 1 or 2 more estimates.

NP... I looked at Pods a couple years back. They wouldn't come out to Lusby. :ohwell: Has that changed?

Besides, I have to move in a hurry. I've got 2 weeks to get my schizzle together, and I'm in Italy right now. So I'd just prefer to have someone else do it, since the company is paying for it.

C

czygvtwkr

Basically unless you want your stuff scratched, dirty, broken, etc you better do it yourself. Nobody cares about your stuff but you. Im pretty protective of my stuff though.