Movies Worth Seeing

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I had planned on seeing a movie tonight, but don't see any listed that are worth seeing - anyone feel differently? I'm not interested in a long 'ol movie, so LOTR is out! Maybe we should just rent?!

amethyst_babes

Wow, I remember you telling me you were pg, I can't believe how time flies. Are you excited for another girl?

I have heard good things about Cold Mountain and The Last Samurai. I saw LOTR and loved it, but if you're not a fan then it would probably seem a bit long.

~Ang

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by amethyst_babes
Wow, I remember you telling me you were pg, I can't believe how time flies. Are you excited for another girl?

:howdy: Yes, very excited!!! I'm still not 100% convinced it's a girl, though!! Not very good positioning, and just b/c the tech didn't see anything doesn't mean that nothing is there! So, I'm going to get another check for pure gender determination - I MUST know!!!

alex

If you are up to a drive we saw Calendar Girls at Arundel Mills and it was great. Hubby thought it was okay but a definite chick flick.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Originally posted by alex
If you are up to a drive we saw Calendar Girls at Arundel Mills and it was great. Hubby thought it was okay but a definite chick flick.

I wanted to see that! :smile: Its not down here yet I assume ?

watercolor

yeah yeah
This is what is playing in calvert:

Bad Santa (R) 7:30 | 9:55
Chasing Liberty (PG-13) 5:00 | 7:25 | 9:55
Cheaper by the Dozen (PG) 5:05 | 7:35 | 9:50
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PG-13) 4:00 | 8:00
Paycheck (PG-13) 5:00 | 7:30 | 10:00
Peter Pan (PG) 5:00

In lex park
Chasing Liberty (PG-13, No Passes) 7:15 | 9:45
Cheaper by the Dozen (PG, No Passes) 7:00 | 9:30
The Last Samurai (R) 9:10
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PG-13, No Passes) 8:10
Mona Lisa Smile (PG-13, No Passes) 6:10 | 8:45
Paycheck (PG-13, No Passes) 7:30 | 10:00
Peter Pan (PG, No Passes) 6:30

amethyst_babes

Originally posted by PFgal
:howdy: Yes, very excited!!! I'm still not 100% convinced it's a girl, though!! Not very good positioning, and just b/c the tech didn't see anything doesn't mean that nothing is there! So, I'm going to get another check for pure gender determination - I MUST know!!!

We had a 3D US and even though the tech said she wasn't sure, it was pretty obvious to me.

Good luck, I hope you can find out.

K

Kain99

It's probably to late for tonight but Mona Lisa Smile looks really good to me.:biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
We had a 3D US and even though the tech said she wasn't sure, it was pretty obvious to me.

Good luck, I hope you can find out.

I had a 3D too, but the parts weren't visible at the time. Another girl for you, or a little man to add to the clan???

amethyst_babes

Originally posted by PFgal
I had a 3D too, but the parts weren't visible at the time. Another girl for you, or a little man to add to the clan???

Girl #3 for me :) I'm having my CS on Jan 26. Now we just need to get all moved into our new house before then.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Girl #3 for me :) I'm having my CS on Jan 26. Now we just need to get all moved into our new house before then.

WOW!!! Almost here!! Good luck!!

TWLs wife

Originally posted by watercolor
This is what is playing in calvert:

Bad Santa (R) 7:30 | 9:55
Chasing Liberty (PG-13) 5:00 | 7:25 | 9:55
Cheaper by the Dozen (PG) 5:05 | 7:35 | 9:50
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PG-13) 4:00 | 8:00
Paycheck (PG-13) 5:00 | 7:30 | 10:00
Peter Pan (PG) 5:00

In lex park
Chasing Liberty (PG-13, No Passes) 7:15 | 9:45
Cheaper by the Dozen (PG, No Passes) 7:00 | 9:30
The Last Samurai (R) 9:10
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (PG-13, No Passes) 8:10
Mona Lisa Smile (PG-13, No Passes) 6:10 | 8:45
Paycheck (PG-13, No Passes) 7:30 | 10:00
Peter Pan (PG, No Passes) 6:30

So what movie did you see?

chica

Somethings Gotta Give

My friend and I went to see "Somethings Gotta Give" with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton.

We really enjoyed it. It might be considered an "older" movie, cuz of the two main characters, but the lines are good and the movie does move along.

It's a cute story about an older man (Jack) who only dates girls UNDER 30. Has money and lives life in the fast lane.
Jack meets up with his new girlfriends mother at her house in the Hamptons and things start happening. The mother (Diane K.) takes an immediate dislike of the boyfriend (Jack).

It is cleaverly done.

No action cars, no blood, no cussing, no outright sex. But I still think people can enjoy a movie without all that extra stuff.

My girlfriend and I disagreed on the ending, I went with the movie. See what you think...
:clap: :clap: :clap: