Moving To Tennessee...

nutz

Huh...Ain't goin' there again. I was in a support group for people dealing with low self-esteem but they kicked me out.
I thought this was your support

Attachments

• 66E7125D-C96D-49D9-A8E7-1138C64BFB27.jpeg
    66E7125D-C96D-49D9-A8E7-1138C64BFB27.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 77

nutz

Not that I don't already love my small mountain here in Pennsultucky but we are SICK of the property TAXES. Almost 6 grand every year... 4500 of it is school taxes on a very modest ranch with 7 acres. Sorry but the little bastards don't NEED swimming pools in every HS and 50 sports funded by property owners. (renters ride for free) I've only been here 5 years (moved from Eastern Shore) but looking at finances we can buy much MORE mountain property with less than 1/5 the taxes.
Reacharound when we write the check you ask? Hell no, the somebitches won't even shovel my driveway!

Anybody here ever owned property there? Yes sales taxes are high BUT no income tax... that's a biggie! Looking NW corner, Mountain View and Bristol areas. Leaving on the 2nd for a exploratory mission. Canceled vacation to Mount Washington.
We have some property at Lake Tansi, taxes are still reasonable enough to keep as a vacation place. Have some family near Auburntown and am considering that area (Murfreesboro) for retirement time.

WingsOfGold

We have some property at Lake Tansi, taxes are still reasonable enough to keep as a vacation place. Have some family near Auburntown and am considering that area (Murfreesboro) for retirement time.
One can buy a nice house with 30 acres and taxes will be under 15 hundred a year, that IMO is a bargain. If I can eek 10 more years of quality life out of this tired old body before being forced to move no regrets. If I can't get the number out of my existing house oh well, it got a good face lift.

Clem72

Whatever credibility TP had left (admittedly little), it has now been flushed down the toilet. What a sorry post. For a person to be so unable to distinguish between posts where one expects political bickering, etc. with a "neutral" post seeking information and adjust commenting accordingly..., wow.

The saddest thing in all of this is that we most likely won't see an apology.

But I am not without hope that one day something changes (Luke 15:24).

--- End of line (MCP)

TP was more insulting than necessary, but the original post definitely opened the can of political bickering. Identifying multiple times that taxes were the reason for the move, that the taxes were unjustified because they have no children, and then making the claim that renters don't pay their fair share.

I too wish Wings good luck with their move, but I don't think the thread is above "political discussion". I pay more property tax than Wings does on considerably less land and have not had school aged children in a long time (or at all in the State of Maryland), but I recognize that paying for school in my community is a benefit TO ME as uneducated people are harder to employ, have to be financially supported, and often have a lot of spare time to get up to no good.

stgislander

PREMO Member
But we all pay for schools in our taxes whether we have kids or not. It's just that PA has a seperate school tax. And within a PA county, there can be different school tax levels.

WingsOfGold

But we all pay for schools in our taxes whether we have kids or not. It's just that PA has a seperate school tax. And within a PA county, there can be different school tax levels.
True enough BUT 6K a year... 500 per month is excessive. The lil bastards do NOT need swimming pools in school or 50 sports activities. .

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
TP was more insulting than necessary, but the original post definitely opened the can of political bickering. Identifying multiple times that taxes were the reason for the move, that the taxes were unjustified because they have no children, and then making the claim that renters don't pay their fair share.

I too wish Wings good luck with their move, but I don't think the thread is above "political discussion". I pay more property tax than Wings does on considerably less land and have not had school aged children in a long time (or at all in the State of Maryland), but I recognize that paying for school in my community is a benefit TO ME as uneducated people are harder to employ, have to be financially supported, and often have a lot of spare time to get up to no good.

It's the simple fact that MD's tax rates are excessively high that galls me. Sort of a "value for money" take on it...I don't feel at all like all the money I shovel their way is being managed well. Plenty of states turn out educated kids from well-performing schools and have much lower tax burdens than MD..so "paying for schools" is obviously a canard..

littlelady

God bless the USA
UFB...you moved to PA because they had no income tax right? Didn't bother to look at other taxes, right?

You are bitching because you have to pay property taxes on 7 acre parcel? Poor...poor dear. Why didn't you buy a smaller piece of property? Why didn't you look at all the taxes BEFORE you moved?

You think it will be any different in TN?

Are you really that stupid to think that renters aren't paying the property tax in their rent??

You have been fun to read, over time, but your reply here is the end all. :killingme You must be very jealous, or you have more serious problems than I thought you did. I think you need to seek help. :poorbaby: I am here for you. :killingme:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Will you get the **** over yourself.. not everyone (anyone) gives a ratsass about your opinion. Can't be an adult and just say.. HEY good luck on your move??

What a pissant you've become

You made me laugh. Thank you. I haven’t heard the word pissant for a long time. And, you are, exactly, right.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Not that I don't already love my small mountain here in Pennsultucky but we are SICK of the property TAXES. Almost 6 grand every year... 4500 of it is school taxes on a very modest ranch with 7 acres. Sorry but the little bastards don't NEED swimming pools in every HS and 50 sports funded by property owners. (renters ride for free) I've only been here 5 years (moved from Eastern Shore) but looking at finances we can buy much MORE mountain property with less than 1/5 the taxes.
Reacharound when we write the check you ask? Hell no, the somebitches won't even shovel my driveway!

Anybody here ever owned property there? Yes sales taxes are high BUT no income tax... that's a biggie! Looking NW corner, Mountain View and Bristol areas. Leaving on the 2nd for a exploratory mission. Canceled vacation to Mount Washington.

I lived in Knoxville for a while, but that is another story. I hope your move is all you hope for. 😄

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So much CRAP. it will be monumental! Moving guestimates so far at 12 and 15K.
That's another major factor in my wanting to keep the place here in the county....I'd have to get rid of, or transport, so darned much stuff if I decided to sell the property. An entire farbrication and machine shop, for example... ;-( Tough choices. I may do like you are and put a silly high price on the place so if I do get it....I could afford to make some more happy choices about what to do with all our "stuff"...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
That's another major factor in my wanting to keep the place here in the county....I'd have to get rid of, or transport, so darned much stuff if I decided to sell the property. An entire farbrication and machine shop, for example... ;-(
If you leave the turret you salvaged from the Iowa, with all the fixins', I'd sign a lease for a couple years.