MPT fund-raising

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I know that it's a necessary evil for the Public Television stations to do fund-raising (guess they don't qualify for bailouts even though I'd rather they get money than those film producers but that's another thread...)but it sure plays havoc with the TV schedule.

According to the Comcast guide, Celtic Woman was supposed to be on from 8 - 10pm. Well, it's Irish music alright but if that's Celtic Woman, I'm surprised that the sex changes didn't make the news! There are now guys singing! They're good but I was expecting women!:coffee: :popcorn:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I know that it's a necessary evil for the Public Television stations to do fund-raising (guess they don't qualify for bailouts even though I'd rather they get money than those film producers but that's another thread...)but it sure plays havoc with the TV schedule.

According to the Comcast guide, Celtic Woman was supposed to be on from 8 - 10pm. Well, it's Irish music alright but if that's Celtic Woman, I'm surprised that the sex changes didn't make the news! There are now guys singing! They're good but I was expecting women!:coffee: :popcorn:
Wave to Rhea for me. I worked with her when I did an internship there. She was a wonderful person.

I wonder what number facelift she's on now. :shrug:

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Wave to Reah for me. I worked with her when I did an internship there. She was a wonderful person.

I wonder what number facelift she's on now. :shrug:

She's not on -- they have another lady, Claire, I think. I'm surprised! I'm used to seeing Reah. I hope she's okay.

The group singing is called Celtic Thunder. They're doing a concert sometime soon at the DAR hall. They're pretty good! One of them looks like he's no more than 12 but he's got a voice on him! Guess Comcast messed up their guide. Oh, well, I'll just go get my cd's & listen to Celtic Woman. I'm sure they'll be on sometime in March.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
She's not on -- they have another lady, Claire, I think. I'm surprised! I'm used to seeing Reah. I hope she's okay.

The group singing is called Celtic Thunder. They're doing a concert sometime soon at the DAR hall. They're pretty good! One of them looks like he's no more than 12 but he's got a voice on him! Guess Comcast messed up their guide. Oh, well, I'll just go get my cd's & listen to Celtic Woman. I'm sure they'll be on sometime in March.
Rhea was on last night. She's looking good, especially since she has to be over 70 by now.

Last edited: