MS Achille Lauro highjacking behind the scenes summary video

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
We’re you in the VAW/VRC community when you were active?
I was with VR-24(C-2s, T-39s and H53s briefly) in 1983-84. I PCSed 10 months before the plane was diverted to NAS Sigonella. By then I was at a NATO command in Bagnoli, Italy. The mid 1980s were a bit hairy overseas. Cold war was ramped up. The Red Brigade was kidnapping generals. NIS had us believing every civilian encounter was a spy trying to win your approval. But I wouldn't trade those years for anything.

I was a blackshoe aircrewman. There weren't many of us in the Navy. Probably 100 at the max at any 1 time. I'm sure things have changed since I retired last century.

Bare-ya-cuda

I was with VR-24 in 1983-84. I PCSed 10 months before the plane was diverted to NAS Sigonella. By then I was at a NATO command in Bagnoli, Italy. The mid 1980s were a bit hairy overseas. Cold war was ramped up. The Red Brigade was kidnapping generals. NIS had us believing every civilian encounter was a spy trying to win your approval. But I wouldn't trade those years for anything.

I was a blackshoe aircrewman. There weren't many of us in the Navy. Probably 100 at the max at any 1 time. I'm sure things have changed since I retired last century.
VRC-40 91-96. When I got there VR-24 was decommissioning and we were getting quite a few personnel From them. Sigonella deployments were the best. Good times. The C-2 was a great aircraft to work on.