Msa

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Winn Dixie said:
The proof is hanging above my fireplace! :smack: Oh, that's right, you'll never see the ribbons because you'll never be invited into my home. :buttkick: Oops, sorry about the red, didn't think I was sending you over into the dark side. :lmao: :killingme :lmao:

Winn Dix, Its lonely at the top, isn't it?

fredsaid2

valentino said:
Isn't MSA sort of a schooling show anyway, especially the green hunter div.???

It is a schooling show. Greens go at 2'3". There are some very nice horse and rider combos there as well as some very new/very green combos. The one grey that had a few refusals was lovely! The rider straightened him out over later courses.

valentino

fredsaid2 said:
It is a schooling show. Greens go at 2'3". There are some very nice horse and rider combos there as well as some very new/very green combos. The one grey that had a few refusals was lovely! The rider straightened him out over later courses.

So why all the fuss, I can appreciate the show and what it can do for certain rider/horse combos, but just not that impressive to me to take home the 'tricolors' in a green division at a schooling show.

Maybe I am just spoiled by Upperville type shows, but MSA just seems so second rate. They do try hard at times to make things better, but someone who feels they can make a class hold for 30 minutes or more because they are not ready and cannot be bothered to scratch, goes and messes the whole thing up.

K

Katie

valentino said:
So why all the fuss, I can appreciate the show and what it can do for certain rider/horse combos, but just not that impressive to me to take home the 'tricolors' in a green division at a schooling show.

Maybe I am just spoiled by Upperville type shows, but MSA just seems so second rate. They do try hard at times to make things better, but someone who feels they can make a class hold for 30 minutes or more because they are not ready and cannot be bothered to scratch, goes and messes the whole thing up.

Speaking of Upperville, when is there next show so I can watch a in-hand class to see how it is done at that level.

fredsaid2

valentino said:

I wouldn't call it second rate, it allows for a wide range of abilities. Not everyone can ante up the money it takes to show rated even if they could be competitive. There's a large market for this caliber of riders. To some it doesn't make sense to pay the extra money to show at 2'6" at a rated show when the cost to show at a nice schooling series is so much more reasonable. Yes, you're going to see courses that are scary to watch but you'll also see some very polished rounds. Just depends!

fredsaid2

Katie said:
Speaking of Upperville, when is there next show so I can watch a in-hand class to see how it is done at that level.

June 4 - 10

They have a website, something like upperville.com

K

Katie

valentino said:
June 4th-10th, hopefully it is dry this year.

They have the schedule up at the top here:

Upperville Link

I might have to take a drive up there and watch the classes.

Not that I am going to compete at that level, but I want to watch a in-hand class to see how they show their horse to it's best.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
persimmoncf said:
Winn Dix, Its lonely at the top, isn't it?

No, as as matter of fact, there are quite a few of us up here. :howdy: Just not anyone you might come in contact with on a daily basis. :whistle:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Winn Dixie said:
No, as as matter of fact, there are quite a few of us up here. :howdy: Just not anyone you might come in contact with on a daily basis. :whistle:
I stay away from Conceited and snotty people on a daily basis.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
You know kids, I did a little, simple search to WinnDixies posts. She must be an awful quick study on horses and riding.

Post by WinnDixie on 8-26-06 in horse thread reads..."I don't know a lot about horses, but why do you need to know it's name and what makes you think a horse on its way to slaughter actually has a trainer? Is "crappy feet" a technical term? I can't even imagine how anyone would know some of these things and don't understand why you would need to know a majority of them"

And you started out so friendly Winn with all of your pleases, thankyous and hug. I love the part about you being so new here and just wanting a dog. Tell me, did you get the dog before or after you got the horse?

BUSTED

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
persimmoncf said:
You know kids, I did a little, simple search to WinnDixies posts. She must be an awful quick study on horses and riding.

Post by WinnDixie on 8-26-06 in horse thread reads..."I don't know a lot about horses, but why do you need to know it's name and what makes you think a horse on its way to slaughter actually has a trainer? Is "crappy feet" a technical term? I can't even imagine how anyone would know some of these things and don't understand why you would need to know a majority of them"

And you started out so friendly Winn with all of your pleases, thankyous and hug. I love the part about you being so new here and just wanting a dog. Tell me, did you get the dog before or after you got the horse?

BUSTED

WTF are you trying to say!? :smack:

Last edited:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Winn Dixie said:
The proof is hanging above my fireplace! :smack: Oh, that's right, you'll never see the ribbons because you'll never be invited into my home. :buttkick: Oops, sorry about the red, didn't think I was sending you over into the dark side. :lmao: :killingme :lmao:

OBTW Dixie, aka "WTF", I...member of the darkside, just sent you red karma...so don't blame it on someone else. I just don't like how hostile you are in this thread.

:lalala:

(Actually, I'm not just a member of the darkside....I'm the President!)

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Winn Dixie said:
WTF are you trying to say!? :smack:

See what I meant yesterday when I told you everyone is sick of your stupid shiat? You are completely, absolutely making an ass of yourself :lmao:

By the way where has Dreamer been?:lmao:

Last edited:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
mygoldnhorse said:
See what I meant yesterday when I told you everyone is sick of your stupid shiat? You are completely, absolutely making an ass of yourself :lmao:

STFU! :smack: Like you're any judge of how anyone should act. :buttkick: Give me a break. :whistle:

Last edited:

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Winn Dixie said:
STFU! :smack: Like you're any judge of how anyone should act. :buttkick: Give me a break. :whistle:

Funny! :lmao: You have the audacity to drop a coded F bomb at least three times, and you sent ME red carma in return... :killingme Whatever makes you feel better so you stop F bombing everone and gain a little security so you can be nice again....until then RELAX :howdy:

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Winn Dixie said:

:lmao:,lol! You really are a riot Winn!

I still waiting for you to answer Percy's question....dog or horse 1st????

fredsaid2

persimmoncf said:

BUSTED

I want to be sympathetic Winnie, truly, but it looks as though you've dug a wee bit of a hole for yourself. Why can't you just be like the rest of us? No great shakes, only happy to be around our lovely pooping-farting 4 legged friends! You don’t have to make yourself out to be the be-all-end-all. So what if Sadie or the 10 yr old at the barn rides better than we do? We have more spectacular falls! If I can’t make the people living near the ring gasp at my riding I must not be trying hard enough! :howdy: