MSNBC’s Chris Hayes Conspiracy Theory:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Did Donald Trump INFLATE Coronavirus Death Prediction?

The more dire COVID-19 models, at least for now, appear to have overpredicted the death count. That’s a good thing (see Mike Rowe Flattens Media Matters’ Attack Over the Coronavirus and Doctor Sees Extremely Promising Results from Very Ill COVID-19 Patients).

The most cynical interpretation of all this, one I can't quite bring myself to accept, is they rolled out the model showing 100k deaths after they knew it would be less than that so they could anchor everyone to that # and take a vicotry lap when "only" tens of thousands died. https://t.co/hYiUCHhO5g

— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) April 8, 2020

Remember kids, he doesn’t necessarily believe this himself. He’s just “asking questions.”

herb749

Once those numbers came of the media kept asking question about the 100,000-240,000. It wasn't about how high, it was about underestimating those numbers.

Can't wait to see if today this overestimate is talked about as trying to make it look good the numbers are lower.

Hijinx

I am sure Donald Trump gave High estimates so he could ruin the great economy he worked so hard to get.

The people starting this onspiracy theory have their brain in their ass.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I'll post here what I posted in a similar thread....

Actually, if I'm correct, then Trump let (Dems) Fauci and Birx make those "inflated death" claims. So, if it all plays out like the numbers indicate they may, Trump can take a "victory lap." He may even be able to take a bigger one if (remember, I said COVID-19 had become political) he and the Repubs can pin the lock-down AND slow "stimulus" response on the Dems. (Remains to be seen how all this plays out at the ballot box in November (I don't think it's a slam dunk for Trump; especially if the Dems can pull off a nominee switch).)

Hayes' real problem is that Trump has been pretty much correct since the start of this COVID-19 mess.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

22AcaciaAve

I love how these tin foil hat simpletons toss around their conspiracy theories to fit their political agenda. At first the right wing whackos were convinced it was all a hoax to destroy the economy and cost Trump the election. Now that it looks like the data might actually support that the Trump administration did the right thing and could be credited for saving some lives, the left wing whackos are all saying the numbers were purposefully inflated to make him look good.

Maybe not everything is a conspiracy. Maybe things are just what they appear. The virus is a mutated strain of the coronavirus which is much more contagious because it has such a long time between infection and symptoms that it gives people a good deal of time to infect others without even realizing it. The virus is a little more severe than the common strains of flu because it is an aggressive destroyer of the respiratory system. That makes it especially dangerous to people with other problems, but even a little dangerous to some others. We also have no immunity built up because it is new. It's not the plague that will wipe out 50% of the world's population, but it does have the potential for a lot more deaths than the common flu. The reason the numbers supported a much higher death toll is because they lag 10-14 days behind what is happening today due to the long length of time for symptoms to show. Earlier models were still taking into effect what was happening before the measures taken were put into place. Now that those measures have been in place for longer than the incubation time, the models are reflecting lower numbers of deaths and confirmed cases. Again, maybe not everything is a conspiracy of political origin.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Assigning cause of death is something the local medical examinor's office does. It's not a function of the federal government. So if anyone is fudging the numbers it's people at that office who is reporting incorrectly.
I have read posts from people complaining that when family members passed the medical examiner put COVID-19 on the death certificate as a matter of fact regardless of symptoms or test.