mt. victoria trail ride

Gooseneck

The Mount Victoria Trail Ride is still planned to be held on October 30, 2011. The parking is on a well established and crowned hay field, so it should still be good. However, we do have a few differences from previous years on the trails. Although we cleared the trails well, riders may encounter some debris from Saturday's wind. The heavy rain that Charles county experienced in September made a few of the streams a little more challenging, but they are still very rideable and there will be a bypass for the most difficult areas. Additionally, due to a late crop harvest and other tree damage, the ride will likely be closer to 10 miles than 12 miles. The trail ride will still offer beautiful views, fun terrain, and food! We are planning for a very sunny and enjoyable day, so come on out!

Costumes are welcome, but not required, and all costumed participants will receive a ribbon!

erinjograves

Im so bummed! I wasnt able to attend this year! I tore a calf muscle..no riding for me for quite some time....grrrrr...How was the ride???!!!

erinjograves

LOL! Paso! Your are probably 100% right on that one. The boy I have been riding (when I actually have time) doesnt need any leg at all. He really is a good boy! I told my husband as we drove by Mt Victoria on Sunday that if I still had my boy I would have gone. Boomer was my rock. I could have ridden him side saddle and felt safe. My issue right now is that I can't stretch my leg out or bend it to much, its stuck were it is, therefore throwing ME off balance. Horses that take care of thier rider are becoming a dime a dozen. Im lucky to have found two of them so far!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
No I did not go...went to greenwell yesterday...twisted my LEFT ANKLE...getting on Diosa...ok any of you know her? How the hell does that happen? I am hobbling around today whining..

erinjograves

Erin what are we going to do with you???? Just when you were back up and riding!!!!

LMAO! I know right! It seems like everytime I am able to get back in the saddle something else happens! I did, however, give my first lesson since this all happened last night. Wrapped a plastic bag over my boot and off we went!

It felt so good to be back with the horses! They truly are where my heart is. The funny thing is that when I had my boarding facility, none of this crap happened! Its only been since I went back to a desk job that I am constantly getting hurt! Maybe this means I need to get back to my horses full time.....