Mueller

Grumpy

Funny how he is firing off answers to questions by the Dems, but turns into a frail senile old man when the Repubs question him. Obviously he met with Dems before this hearing. Doubt he will last the day, he looks like he is having some type of medical issue.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What I'm getting from Mueller's testimony is that he wasn't an active participant in the investigation. He handed everything over to underlings and appears to have only a vague knowledge of the report that bears his name.

Midnightrider

I can't watch, aggrevates the heck out of me. I'll wait for the synopsis later.

Like a good trumper, you would rather be told what to think.....
What I'm getting from Mueller's testimony is that he wasn't an active participant in the investigation. He handed everything over to underlings and appears to have only a vague knowledge of the report that bears his name.
He seems to know the report pretty well, he just wants to actually compare their “quotes” to what is written to make sure.

transporter

I can't watch, aggrevates the heck out of me. I'll wait for the synopsis later.

Here's likely all you will need to read...none of this is new...all of it is straight from the report that none of you bothered to read since you only rely on a "synopsis" from sources like comrade GURPS:

9:05 a.m.: Mueller pushes back on Trump’s ‘no collusion, no obstruction’ claim
Mueller rejected claims by Trump that his report cleared him from wrongdoing and confirmed that he could be charged after he leaves office.

In the first back-and-forth, Nadler, the committee chairman, listed a series of basic yes-or-no questions – or inquiries that could be answered in a few words—to get Mueller to confirm that he did not exonerate Trump.

“Did you actually totally exonerate the president?” the New York Democrat asked.

“No,” Mueller said

Put another way...Barr lied...Trump continues to lie. Naturally none of the ignorati/cultists types will understand this.

“Does that say there was no obstruction?” Nadler said, reading an excerpt from the report where Mueller’s team discussed they could not “exonerate” Trump on the matter.

“No.”

Again...Barr lied or being kind misrepresented the report....Trump lied and continues to do so.

The report did not conclude that he did not commit of obstruction of justice,” Nadler asked again.

“That is correct,” Mueller said.

Mueller also confirmed that Trump refused to be interviewed by his team.

What was left out in the line above is that this line of questions revealed Trump was the only person who refused to be interviewed.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
On Collusion....

“The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired with the Russian government in its election interference activities,” Mueller said in his opening statement before the House Judiciary Committee. “We did not address ‘collusion,’ which is not a legal term. Rather, we focused on whether the evidence was sufficient to charge any member of the campaign with taking part in a criminal conspiracy. It was not.”

On exoneration....

Later, Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, told Mueller that he had failed to fulfill his responsibilities as a prosecutor by writing that he could neither charge Trump nor "exonerate him" — but exoneration is not a prosecutor's job, Ratcliffe said.
His job is to determine whether sufficient evidence exists to bring a charge, and if not, not only must he not bring the charge, but he also must not reveal what he uncovered if there won't be an indictment, Ratcliffe said.
"You managed to violate every principle and most sacred traditions for prosecutors," the Texas congressman charged.
6 Questions Congress May Ask Robert Mueller During His Testimony
POLITICS
6 Questions Congress May Ask Robert Mueller During His Testimony

Ratcliffe asked Mueller if he could cite a written Justice Department policy that permitted the specific actions he had taken with his investigation and his report.
"I cannot," Mueller said, "but this is a unique situation."

Chris0nllyn

Democrats: "Mueller can you confirm Trump is bad?"
Republicans: "Mueller can you confirm this is a witch hunt?"

This entire thing is a show. Each side sounding like they actually care in order to get some talking points and clips that can be chopped up out of context and put on the news or social media so that each side's supporters can say "See!". No one is interested in changing their mind at this point.

This_person

Democrats: "Mueller can you confirm Trump is bad?"
Republicans: "Mueller can you confirm this is a witch hunt?"

This entire thing is a show. Each side sounding like they actually care in order to get some talking points and clips that can be chopped up out of context and put on the news or social media so that each side's supporters can say "See!". No one is interested in changing their mind at this point.
I, sadly, agree. Each side has the opportunity to use this constructively. Although, I must admit, I see no need for it, as the report speaks for itself, as Mr. Mueller repeatedly has said.

But, they could use this to put an end to the speculation and argument, and instead they're using it to further their dishonest agendas.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
The MSM is starting the "Mueller's health is hindering the hearing" mantra now. NYT is leading that excusapalooza.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not even sure why this "hearing" is taking place. The investigation is over, the report has been submitted. But wait! We need Mueller to testify what was in the report and if he found anything - anything at all! - that he didn't put in the report!

Our tax dollars and government at work.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There's a part of me that feels sorry for Mueller, then I'm like "screw him". He chose to get in bed with these people, it just didn't turn out the way he'd planned. Sorry about your Deep State, there, Robby Bobby Baby Baby.