Mueller

This_person

Sapidus

I am not, and will not become, a subscriber to WaPo. Give me the Reader's Digest. Given what gerrymandering is, please let me know how the states voting for electoral college electors CAN be gerrymandered.

You can view 5 articles a month for free.

If you insist on remaining ignorant that is your choice

This_person

You can view 5 articles a month for free.

If you insist on remaining ignorant that is your choice
So, to see how stupid WaPo is, I pulled up a cached version of the article on Bing.

What they're describing is not gerrymandering. It's fantasy. "If only the states were drawn differently, Hillary would have won." That's not gerrymandering.

Do you know what gerrymandering is?

Sapidus

So, to see how stupid WaPo is, I pulled up a cached version of the article on Bing.

What they're describing is not gerrymandering. It's fantasy. "If only the states were drawn differently, Hillary would have won." That's not gerrymandering.

Do you know what gerrymandering is?

I am sure you read the entire article in that time.

Yes I know what Gerrymadering is. The article was pointing out its influence from the bottom of the political chain to show how it can effect the outcome of a presidential election despite not being what presidntial elections are based on.

If you actually read the article and read it not to react but to comprehend that would have been clear to you

Toxick

Splat
Like the 2016 election, I don't think today's partisan circus went the way the Democrats and the media expected.

From the limited press I've seen it looks like they're handling the latter just as well as they handled the former.

Can we please move the **** on with our lives now?

This_person

I am sure you read the entire article in that time.

Yes I know what Gerrymadering is. The article was pointing out its influence from the bottom of the political chain to show how it can effect the outcome of a presidential election despite not being what presidntial elections are based on.

If you actually read the article and read it not to react but to comprehend that would have been clear to you
I didn't have to. Gerrymandering impacts congressional districts only. Gerrymandering does not impact senate votes or presidential votes.

What that article alluded to was "wishful thinking", not gerrymandering.

Sapidus

I didn't have to. Gerrymandering impacts congressional districts only. Gerrymandering does not impact senate votes or presidential votes.

What that article alluded to was "wishful thinking", not gerrymandering.

God you are dense. No wonder you still believe every lie Trump tells

This_person

If you're going to say gerrymandering caused Trump's election, you should learn how presidential elections work and what gerrymandering is.

If you want to wishfully think that if we just re-drew the states every election your favored candidate would win, that's just fantasy world.

Toxick

Splat

Instead of hurling insults and issuing exclusively ad hominem arguments and links that prove nothing and actually are to your assertion's detriment you could try explaining how t_p is wrong. After all, you have made the assertion. Defend it.

Instead of cursing the vast darkness of our collective ignorance perhaps you can light a candle of knowledge that we can all share in your enlightenment.

Sapidus

If you're going to say gerrymandering caused Trump's election, you should learn how presidential elections work and what gerrymandering is.

If you want to wishfully think that if we just re-drew the states every election your favored candidate would win, that's just fantasy world.

Feel free to read the article as well. You will understand the connection.

I can’t educate you

I also never said gerrymandering was the direct cause of Trumps election.

The article does a great job of showing how it influenced it

Why do you people refuse to educate yourselves before you fly off the handle without all the facts?

This_person

Feel free to read the article as well. You will understand the connection.

I can’t educate you

I also never said gerrymandering was the direct cause of Trumps election.

The article does a great job of showing how it influenced it

Why do you people refuse to educate yourselves before you fly off the handle without all the facts?
I know the definition of gerrymandering, and I know how presidents are elected. I skimmed the cached version of the article, and it showed it was just wishful thinking about redrawing state lines. That's not gerrymandering.

That means gerrymandering didn't even influence Trump's election.

Worth repeating...

“I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning," Mueller said. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President because of the OLC opinion. That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Worth repeating...

“I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning," Mueller said. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President because of the OLC opinion. That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime."

And let me just bold it so it can't be "accidentally" overlooked.