Mullen Offers Appreciation to Surviving Families

Nonno

Habari Na Mijeldi
"NATIONAL HARBOR, Md., There’s no responsibility in the military community more important than caring for families who have lost loved ones to war, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said here today in an address to an organization specifically geared to help families cope with the death of their servicemember.

“[The Defense Department] has a commitment to you and your needs, and the entire gathering, of the families of the fallen,” Navy Adm. Mike Mullen said at the 15th Annual Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors National Military Survivor Seminar and Good Grief Camp. “That commitment is for the rest of your lives.”

Mullen admitted he was a bit overwhelmed to speak to the nearly 300-member audience, all of whom had lost loved ones in the military. “I am so grateful for the service and sacrifice of Americans that you represent,” he said. “I can’t say enough about your courage and our admiration for who you are and what you are about.”

"“This is the most important weekend of the year, because we remember those who have made this country good -- every patriot, every hero, every sacrifice,” Mullen said. My promise to you is that we will never forget.”

More at: JCS News: Mullen Offers Appreciation to Surviving Families

and at: Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS) is Here For You!