Multiple Stabbings at Lone Star College

mamatutu

mama to two
Several Stabbed At Lone Star College; Life Flight Assists « CBS Houston

This article says at least 5 victims, but I'm seeing reports of 12 on tv.

How long before the calls to ban knives?

ylexot, please forward this article to Mr. Obama, and all other politicians that are trying to restrict our gun rights. Oh, nevermind, they won't pay any attention to it, because it does not fit their agenda. I cannot imagine that Mr. O will address this incident. I feel terrible for the victims; so sad.

ylexot

Super Genius
ylexot, please forward this article to Mr. Obama, and all other politicians that are trying to restrict our gun rights. Oh, nevermind, they won't pay any attention to it, because it does not fit their agenda. I cannot imagine that Mr. O will address this incident. I feel terrible for the victims; so sad.

Something occurred to me yesterday along those lines. Obama has been toting Newtown parents around the country lately, but has anyone seen a photo of him hugging anyone or displaying any empathy? The best I could find was him touching the corner of his eye like he might shed a tear. I seriously don't think he cares AT ALL. He wanted to do this from the beginning and Newtown was just a golden opportunity for him to make it happen. He didn't have a chance before then. Now, he might have a majority, but it is still pretty close, AFAIK.

Vince

You beat me to it. :lol:

Vince

We joke about it here in the U.S. that maybe the UK should ban kitchen knives since they can be used to kill someone. It looks like the UK may have taken those jokes a little too seriously because they’ve been considering banning long, pointed kitchen knives for the past several years.
And the idiots in this country will try to follow their example someday. Meanwhile, the murders with guns and knives will continue, only it will escalate when our 2nd Amendment rights are completely gone.

mudpuddle

" 11 people were wounded in a stabbing on the campus of Lone Star College Tuesday morning. "

Imagine the damage if he had had an automatic weapon or semi-automatic?
They would be dead....

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
" 11 people were wounded in a stabbing on the campus of Lone Star College Tuesday morning. "

They would be dead....

“....We wish we could protect ourselves with guns and stuff. We wish that the law would let us carry guns because we’re legal adults, and carry guns on campus to protect ourselves. Lone Star College Stabbing Witness: ‘We Wish We Could Protect Ourselves With Guns’ | Fox News Insider

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

They would be dead....

Doesn't a knife reload itself when the point is withdrawn from the victim? Yes, knives are automatic, assault weapons. Even the special forces use them to kill in battle.

mudpuddle

Doesn't a knife reload itself when the point is withdrawn from the victim? Yes, knives are automatic, assault weapons. Even the special forces use them to kill in battle.

Yes, but how many people can you kill in a span of 5 minutes with a knife, as compared to a person using an automatic assault weapon? (rifle, gun, whatever).

Also, it is easier to take a person down (attack the attacker) when you are so in close contact with them. That's why the students brought him down.
With a gun, you don't have to be close to the victim and it is almost impossible to bring them down....

Last edited:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I was watching an interview on the news tonight, someone who knew the guy. They said he was a great guy, very nice. He was also hard of hearing and had to use hearing aids. The person they were interviewing also said they believed he did this because he was being bullied. I really had no idea that bullying happened in college.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
There were actually words than went with the pictures. Maybe you can get your mommy to read them to you.

Doesn't really matter what the words say, he was SMILING in the pictures. What part of empathy don't you understand?

Yep, if it was a gun, they would all be dead, yep that would have been so much better... and hmmm I have a hard time believing there are rules against carrying guns in Texas of all places.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yes, but how many people can you kill in a span of 5 minutes with a knife, as compared to a person using an automatic assault weapon? (rifle, gun, whatever). SO, we're back to how many dead bodies is acceptable? Mag capacity? Right? Because the focus on body count potential as opposed to the behavior is EXACTLY that argument and no sane person thinks that if someone killed 20 kids with a revolver and a shotgun that it would be OK which gets us back to not wanting limits on magazines but the repeal of the second amendment.

Also, it is easier to take a person down (attack the attacker) when you are so in close contact with them. That's why the students brought him down.
With a gun, you don't have to be close to the victim and it is almost impossible to bring them down....

Think about that; you don't have to be close to the victim. And they don't have to be close to you to shoot back.

And, once again, we're not talking about the real problem, behavior. We're still wasting time, and lives, on inane arguments about ancillary issues.

This is awful, this wasted time and effort.