Murder in La Plata

edinsomd

I checked on MD Judicial Case Search. He had a long record of drug use and sales, and violence. I was shocked SHOCKED I say, to discover this.

officeguy

I checked on MD Judicial Case Search. He had a long record of drug use and sales, and violence. I was shocked SHOCKED I say, to discover this.

Bbbut he was trying to turn his life around, didn't have a mean bone in his body and was a great dad to his kids :whistle: .

Looks like he was on probation for an attempted murder that he managed to plead down to a second degree assault and illegal handgun charges. I found the case, looks like this was from an incident in Waldorf when he fired 11 shots at someone. His trial ended in a mistrial as he was found to have attempted to buy witness testimony. Add to that a couple of closed cases on CDS distribution.

CCSO is asking for tips. I wonder if I should call in and tell them 'that it was probably drug related' ;-) If they ever find the guy who shot our upstanding citizen 'Silk', the county should probably give him a medal or something.

Last edited:

edinsomd

Bbbut he was trying to turn his life around, didn't have a mean bone in his body and was a great dad to his kids :whistle: .

Looks like he was on probation for an attempted murder that he managed to plead down to a second degree assault and illegal handgun charges. I found the case, looks like this was from an incident in Waldorf when he fired 11 shots at someone. His trial ended in a mistrial as he was found to have attempted to buy witness testimony. Add to that a couple of closed cases on CDS distribution.

CCSO is asking for tips. I wonder if I should call in and tell them 'that it was probably drug related' ;-) If they ever find the guy who shot our upstanding citizen 'Silk', the county should probably give him a medal or something.

Mad shooting skilz yo.:killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Maybe he tried to rob/murder somebody that was actually armed.. but being illegal in this state to defend yourself, or to be as armed as the criminal he fled the scene..

The victim may not be dead, but he may spend a LOOOOONG time in jail.

officeguy

Mad shooting skilz yo.:killingme

If he was a better shot, maybe he wouldn't be in a cooler at the MEs office at this point. We'll see how this plays out in the investigation. His opponent in the Waldorf incident was found drunk in a ditch holding on to a shotgun.

nutz

...as in the former geographic description for a good chunk of western Charles county (roughly the Indian Head and Bryans Road zip-codes).

It's bordered by Bryans Road, Glymont and Pomfret. Home to the Maryland airport, Lamont's tavern, Ford's Wonder bar and a cemetery. Back in the day it was also home to the wooden spoon factory and is still slated to be a technology park (doubtful). :coffee:

Hoover

You know someone is going to post on here being related to him and say you don't know the whole story so don't "be postin stuff yous donts knows nuttins bouts!"

SoMDGirl42

You know someone is going to post on here being related to him and say you don't know the whole story so don't "be postin stuff yous donts knows nuttins bouts!"

Well, I KNOW for a fact that the guy that shot him was a better shot then he was! That's a fact Jack!

officeguy

It's bordered by Bryans Road, Glymont and Pomfret. Home to the Maryland airport, Lamont's tavern, Ford's Wonder bar and a cemetery. Back in the day it was also home to the wooden spoon factory and is still slated to be a technology park (doubtful). :coffee:

That is what is left of it today. 100 years ago, Pomonkey was the description for a much larger area.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
That is what is left of it today. 100 years ago, Pomonkey was the description for a much larger area.

You know how Pomonkey got the name right?

Circus came to town one day and the truck driver hit a pot hole and a monkey fell out the back of the truck, into the roadway and got ran over... everyone got out and said "Pomonkey."

nutz

good grief. Glymont has it's name dated back to at least 1834. The catholic church acknowledged Pomfret in 1763. Bryans Road can be dated back to around 1890.

Last edited: