Murder/Suicide

gemma_rae

That poor Mother of the child.

Nothing can excuse the action of the father, but there are many today that teeter on the verge of insanity due to the break up of the family, and all it takes is that one last push. Is there some personal knowledge you have that makes you think it wasn't the mother that provided that one last push?

I'm not trying to put you down, just asking you to think about it.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Nothing can excuse the action of the father, but there are many today that teeter on the verge of insanity due to the break up of the family, and all it takes is that one last push. Is there some personal knowledge you have that makes you think it wasn't the mother that provided that one last push?

I'm not trying to put you down, just asking you to think about it.

Not sure what you read into my statement. I have no knowledge of the family or circumstances other than what I read on here. Jazz said "that poor child" and my first thought of was "that poor mother of the child".

I am not a mother. I cannot imagine the pain of having a child shot and killed by the father. Or losing one in any way.

gemma_rae

Not sure what you read into my statement. I have no knowledge of the family or circumstances other than what I read on here. Jazz said "that poor child" and my first thought of was "that poor mother of the child".

I am not a mother. I cannot imagine the pain of having a child shot and killed by the father. Or losing one in any way.

I'm not a mother myself, and no, I cannot imagine the pain of having a child shot and killed by the father either.

I have however, overheard women vow they were going to drive their ex-husbands off the deep end, and use the child as a means to break them. In a case such as that, my heart breaks for the child, not for the mother.

I hope I've made myself clearer why I would withhold my sympathy for the mother until I know more.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not a mother myself, and no, I cannot imagine the pain of having a child shot and killed by the father either.

I have however, overheard women vow they were going to drive their ex-husbands off the deep end, and use the child as a means to break them. In a case such as that, my heart breaks for the child, not for the mother.

I hope I've made myself clearer why I would withhold my sympathy for the mother until I know more.

Classic Parental Alienation.

steppinthrax

The divorce, custody, child support, alimony laws in this country are bull####. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Of course there's nothing to excuse the actions of the father, but some mothers use the court system to their advantage and shoot themselves in their own foot when the father magically disappears to mexico or does this. You gain nothing in the end and lose everything.

officeguy

Sure sux to pay child support, but that's not the solution.

What a selfish jerk. The kid would have done fine without you.

luvmygdaughters

The divorce, custody, child support, alimony laws in this country are bull####. This is just the tip of the iceberg. Of course there's nothing to excuse the actions of the father, but some mothers use the court system to their advantage and shoot themselves in their own foot when the father magically disappears to mexico or does this. You gain nothing in the end and lose everything.

I'm not saying some women dont take full advantage of the system. On the other hand, the one who owes the child support gets quite a few chances before any repurcussations takes place. My daughters ex-husband for example, the court system will allow him to go six months without paying a dime, before any action is taken. If you're depending on that money to help keep a roof over your childs head, that sucks. You cannot tell the landlord your short on rent because the father of your children didnt pay the child support...for 6 months!! He was in arrears over $7,000 at one point. They picked him up on a warrant, after not paying for 6 months, and let him out because he agreed to pay $600.00 in one week!!!! He paid it and the whole thing started all over again. He wouldnt pay anything for 6 months, etc. You get the picture. My daughter couldnt have his wages garnished because he worked for himself (so he claimed) he was working under the table and not reporting it.

Humbled

Sure sux to pay child support, but that's not the solution.

What a selfish jerk. The kid would have done fine without you.

Would she? Maybe, maybe not. I doubt any of us here know anything about the situation, other than short news clip we have just read. There are some truly screwed up muthas out there, who are not "teaching their children well", and the fathers, however angelic they may be, can't do jack about it cause in the eyes of the courts, she holds the title of mother, and can do no wrong.
Sure, he should burn in hell, but maybe the mother needs to as well. If not, then I have nothing but sympathy for her.