Murphys Subdivision?

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
I haven't heard anything about it... don't even know where it is, except it's suppose to be in Great Mills. The lots are priced very reasonable, around $35K for almost 1 acre.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SuperGrover
I haven't heard anything about it... don't even know where it is, except it's suppose to be in Great Mills. The lots are priced very reasonable, around $35K for almost 1 acre.

That's reasonable? :yikes:

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
If you want to hear something outrageous, I was in Florida over the winter break and looked into some land around Wellington, Florida (West Palm area).

Last year by Lion Country Safari:
5 Acres = $25K

This Year:
5 Acres = $200K

Now, that's crazy!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Vince
For an acre, around here, you bet your butt it's reasonable.:biggrin:

That's sick! We've been talking about a move further south in a few years; when we're both done school. This is NOT the same southern MD that I grew up in and I'm only 24. :frown:

Was anyone in Waldorf yesterday? The traffic rivaled DC and NoVA. :burning:

Vince

Originally posted by pixiegirl
That's sick! We've been talking about a move further south in a few years; when we're both done school. This is NOT the same southern MD that I grew up in and I'm only 24. :frown:

Was anyone in Waldorf yesterday? The traffic rivaled DC and NoVA. :burning:
Pixie, check around my area, Lusby, and some of the subdivisions. Ranch Club, Drum Pt., 1/4 acre lots are going for 20K. I have a four bed, 2 bath on 1/2 acre. It'll sell for around 200K. It's ridiculous!! I'll tell you one thing. I was planning on selling my house and buying another in this area, now, forget it. I couldn't afford the kind of place I want. Not around here. Going to retire down south somewhere. Hopefully Fla.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Vince
Pixie, check around my area, Lusby, and some of the subdivisions. Ranch Club, Drum Pt., 1/4 acre lots are going for 20K. I have a four bed, 2 bath on 1/2 acre. It'll sell for around 200K. It's ridiculous!! I'll tell you one thing. I was planning on selling my house and buying another in this area, now, forget it. I couldn't afford the kind of place I want. Not around here. Going to retire down south somewhere. Hopefully Fla.

My only remaining grandparent is in GA. We're thinking maybe one of the Carolinas. Don't want to take my mom's grandkids too far away from her (see ya'll think i'm soooo mean to my mom). I want my kids to grow up in somewhat of a rural setting, not the sticks or anything but moreso then here. It makes me :bawl: that the area I grew up in has grown to be something I no longer enjoy.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
How about this:

0.18 acres for $34K

Very pricey. I thought our 70K was bad, but it's about location as well. We could have done better in some areas of St. Mary's, but just didn't want to live there.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
Originally posted by pixiegirl
My only remaining grandparent is in GA. We're thinking maybe one of the Carolinas. Don't want to take my mom's grandkids too far away from her (see ya'll think i'm soooo mean to my mom). I want my kids to grow up in somewhat of a rural setting, not the sticks or anything but moreso then here. It makes me :bawl: that the area I grew up in has grown to be something I no longer enjoy.

Looks like it'll get more crowded as time goes... doubt that the Naval base will shrink. It'll probably grow with the next round of BRAC (my guess). Also, with the approval of the Hughsville bypasss... who knows!

Like someone told me last year, Lexington Park area is like a "little DC"

Vince

Originally posted by PFgal
Very pricey. I thought our 70K was bad, but it's about location as well. We could have done better in some areas of St. Mary's, but just didn't want to live there.
I was thinking of trying to buy further out, like in the 7th somewhere. Might be a little cheaper, but not much.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Looks like it'll get more crowded as time goes... doubt that the Naval base will shrink. It'll probably grow with the next round of BRAC (my guess). Also, with the approval of the Hughsville bypasss... who knows!

Like someone told me last year, Lexington Park area is like a "little DC"

I'm sure Lexington Park is on it's way. All I see of it is when I'm at work. But Waldorf is sick these days. I want out before my kids are school aged.

SuperGrover

jack of all trades
No one knows where the subdivision is?!

I can't seem to find it on the St. Mary's planning meeting minutes either.

Toxick

Splat
I don't know where Murphy's subdivision is, but I do know that I want to avoid it, because around there whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.