Mushroom Hunting

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
Who knows how to hunt mushrooms and wants to go teach a novice? I had a puffball the other day and it was fantastic! Now I want to learn.

glhs837

Power with Control
Given that I just saw a report last night of two different people who went picking, and ended up only having their lives and kidneys saved by a rush shipment of a new drug. Otherwise it was only a an emergency kidney transplant that would have saved their lives, I would be very leery of shroom hunting.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I am totally not eating some unidentified fungus growing in my yard. And believe me, I could feed all those starving African children with this latest crop.

RiverRat, stick with the puffballs. They're easier to identify and less likely to kill you or shut down your organs.

river rat

BUCKING GOAT
I found a puffball yesterday and still wouldn't eat it. I really wanted to but the puffball I had last week was picked and prepared by an expert. It was delicious.
However, I read that the white death angel appears to be a puffball when it is young so this made me reluctant.
I am just poking around to find someone to help me feel comfortable with this before I do kill myself.
After all, tis the season.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I found a puffball yesterday and still wouldn't eat it. I really wanted to but the puffball I had last week was picked and prepared by an expert. It was delicious.
However, I read that the white death angel appears to be a puffball when it is young so this made me reluctant.
I am just poking around to find someone to help me feel comfortable with this before I do kill myself.
The one on the left is what they mean by looking like a puffball, if it looks like a volleyball growing in the yard it's a giant puffball which is very good.

Attachments

• Death angel.JPG
    Death angel.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 125

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I am totally not eating some unidentified fungus growing in my yard. And believe me, I could feed all those starving African children with this latest crop.

RiverRat, stick with the puffballs. They're easier to identify and less likely to kill you or shut down your organs.

:yay:

wch

Right, keep your Mushroom hunting to the produce isle, that way you can sue someone if something goes wrong,

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
DR has the prettiest mushrooms growing in his yard. They should all have a little fairy sitting on them.

They don't even live around here. West Coast only.