Muslim family removed from Air Tran flight

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Thought this was interesting. A family discusses the safest place to sit on an airplane and gets removed from the flight. I've heard so many people have that discussion at the start of a flight! People are always trying to catch the terrorists!

'Safest' seat remarks get Muslim family kicked off plane - CNN.com

Assumptions and paranoia (no matter how justifiable) can be a real b*tch sometimes. A shame how our world has had to change since 9/11. I wonder how they explained it to the children involved? It was also interesting that what Air Tran said about booking them on another flight and what the family said were contradictory -- wonder who is correct?

awpitt

Main Streeter
Assumptions and paranoia (no matter how justifiable) can be a real b*tch sometimes. A shame how our world has had to change since 9/11. I wonder how they explained it to the children involved? It was also interesting that what Air Tran said about booking them on another flight and what the family said were contradictory -- wonder who is correct?

Well, since AirTran's info is based on second hand info (no AirTran staff witnessed the family's conversation) and the FBI cleared the family memebrs, I'd lean towards the family's account of what happened. Every report I saw this morning was consitant with the family having to pay for another flight.

Beta84

They're out to get us
What I don't understand is how that could be misconstrued for terrorism. Seriously, if there is a plane crash...the odds of survival are pretty low. If they're planning on hijacking and crashing a plane, do you think they're going to worry about the safest place to sit in the aircraft? I'd be more worried about people discussing the easiest access to the front bathroom next to the cockpit :lmao:

Stupidity boggles my mind sometimes!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey, Muslims - join the crowd and happy to have you aboard our FAA inconvenience flight! :howdy:

Security threw away 3 bottles of body wash and a bottle of hot sauce that I got in Key West because they were over the 3 oz limit for carryon. Cause, you know, you can bring down a plane with body wash and hot sauce and I fit the profile of a 9-11 hijacker.

:jet:

Ask me if I have any sympathy for this family. Go ahead.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Hey, Muslims - join the crowd and happy to have you aboard our FAA inconvenience flight! :howdy:

Security threw away 3 bottles of body wash and a bottle of hot sauce that I got in Key West because they were over the 3 oz limit for carryon. Cause, you know, you can bring down a plane with body wash and hot sauce and I fit the profile of a 9-11 hijacker.

Do you have any sympathy for this family?

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
"The conversation, as we were walking through the plane trying to find our seats, was just about where the safest place in an airplane is," Sahin said. "We were (discussing whether it was safest to sit near) the wing, or the engine or the back or the front, but that's it. We didn't say anything else that would raise any suspicion."

That's pretty easy to misconstrue. If someone didn't hear the 'where to sit part' then yes, it could be mistaken. Besides, wtf are they thinking saying that crap on an airplane? Atleast wait until your in mid-flight. :smack:

BOP

They got me for some hot sauce I was bringing back from New Orleans one year. On account of I could have burst through the cockpit door and smashed the crew over the heads with the 6 - 8 oz bottle. I'd have taken on all comers, if anybody would have tried to stop me!

Oh, and they made me throw away my yogurt that I was going to have for breakfast on the plan. Yep, I could have created havoc in the skies with 6 oz of yogurt!

:evil:

TSA HR director: Hi, are you dumber than a rock, with no personal initiative and no common sense? You are!? You're hired! Welcome to TSA!

Qurious

Im On 1.
This is stupid...in another article I read that the family said "if a bomb goes off where is the safest place to sit?" If in fact that is the true conversation then yes they deserved to get off that plane.

As a first time flyer 2 weeks ago I was terrified of who was on the plane and if it was going to land safe...i had to get tipsy before i got on the plane :buddies: If i heard someone have this type of conversation I would've been really concerned.

Not once did I say "where is the safest place to sit." I may have asked the stranger i held on to for dear life during takeoff "is this the best place to sit to not feel turbulence?" But never the "safest"...that is a red flag.

Being a muslim unfortunetly they should know better....just board the flight and shut up....

Cowgirl

Airline safety is a crock. My friend's mom once told me she forgot she had a kitchen knife in her purse (looked like a cheapo steak knife, but was very sharp) because she had just bought it before coming to the airport. They looked in her purse and the lady just wrapped it back up and stuck it back in her purse. She (security lady) said "We'll just tuck this right back in here. :wink:" :rolleyes:

Rosehaven

I don't get it

If a Muslim family was going top blow up the plane do you think they'd talk about it going down the aisle? Sometimes we think too much and not enough thought goes into it.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Why do transvestites have their own airline?

:lmao: well they started morphing after they changed their name from value jet. they figured being tranny would be better than everyone associating them with that accident in the florida everglades.