Must be nice...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Which reminds me... Obama was in town last week and decided to play golf on Andrews AFB. Shut down the entire golf course for over 4 hours. Anyone that made plans to play on that day were screwed.

Years ago I went up to Andrews to fish the pond at the end of the runway. This was when the volcano in Iceland was erupting. Obama was scheduled to fly to Poland for a state funeral. Once his plans changed, he went golfing instead.

So I'm about to launch my boat. I see 2 guys walking over in my direction. I thought they wanted to talk about the boat or fishing. Instead the guys tells me that I can't launch my boat. At the same time he produces a badge and says he's special K so & so. Him and his buddy are dressed like 2 LL Bean catalog models. Guys with outdoor gear on that don't like to step off the asphalt. I inquire why, and they explain Obama is on the links and due to security, the lake is temporarily off limits.

Bummer. I ask how long it will be shut down. They say it will be a while. Then they overshare about how he's a ####ty golfer and takes forever. I look across the lake and see 4 guys spread out equidistant from each other. Trying to not look conspicuous, they couldn't be any more out of place.

A while later a bunch of suburbans blast past and I finally drop the boat into the lake. I never did see the prez but I really wasn't looking very hard to see him.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Which reminds me... Obama was in town last week and decided to play golf on Andrews AFB. Shut down the entire golf course for over 4 hours. Anyone that made plans to play on that day were screwed.

A decision made by the Trump DoD.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Just saw a guy using a JSF government vehicle to pick up lunch at Mission BBQ.

Your tax dollars at work :yay:

You're complaining about people using a govt vehicle to get lunch during the course of the workday? Really? When I was in the NAV, they used to say that a b!tching sailor is a happy sailor. Well, you must be very happy.

Last edited:

nutz

I can see them having the perk of taking the vehicle home but, I don't agree with it being used for errands. It merely encourages abuse and adds little to nothing to "curbing effects on behaviors"

I do wonder if there is some sort of milage accountability on them.

Charles County policy used to be they were "on duty" while running errands and were required to assist if needed or called upon. Now, they are allowed to take them to their homes in Va. so.......

BTW, what is a JSF vehicle anyway?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The thing is that Calvert's deputies (I don't know about Charles or St. Mary's) take their vehicles home, one of the perks of the job. I don't know if this is still true because there was a stink raised about it several years ago, but they also were/are encouraged to use them for errands like grocery shopping while in the County.

Theory is that it adds to visibility and has a curbing effect on behaviors.

Exactly. Not a thing wrong with that policy either. MSP does that too.

Kinnakeet

BFD...our incompetent and inept President promised he would "spend every weekend in the White House working"...in reality he flies Air Force to one of his gold courses every weekend...all those on here who used to scream about Obama doing this now simply ignore the wa
You really think these people will give a damn (or even should give a damn) about some working stiff driving the company car to get lunch???

YO HOLMES BAMA ISNT POTUS ANYMORE IF YOU HAVENT NOTICED:patriot:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:yay: Haters gonna hate.

haters-gonna-hate.gif

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Like I always say, I can take comfort in the fact that opinions like yours will soon be of no matter due to attrition (due to lack of being above ground) :yay:

Sounds like a pretty grim and bleak existence ya got going there. Must suck to be you...:lmao: