MVA started issuing licenses to undocumented illeg

GregV814

ANNAPOLIS -- Illegal immigrants were able to begin the process to get a Maryland driver’s license on Monday, Nov. 4, according to Philip Dacey, a spokesman for the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration.

The first step is to schedule an appointment to get a driver’s license in January, Dacey said.

Under the Maryland Highway Safety Act, passed in early April, those residents who live in the state illegally are now eligible for a license, effective Jan. 1, 2014, that cannot be used for federal purposes like boarding a plane or entering a government building, Dacey said.

The “second-tier license”—part of a two-tier licensing system that makes Maryland the only state on the East Coast to issue licenses to illegal immigrants—gives drivers the same rights on the road as a regular license, but cannot be used as identification. The words “Not Acceptable for Federal Purposes” is written across the top.

The qualification requirements for obtaining the license are also different.

I think this blatantly unfair and illegal to reduce hard working ILLEGAL aliens to second class citizens! If they State is going to kiss their azz, give em a tongue too you stupid State bastards.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Do they have to take the same $300-400 druver's ed classes that actual Maryland citizens (under 21) take?

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:duh:

now SHA will have to spend money to change out all of our effing signs... so it has both English and Spanish words... :rolleyes:

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
On a side note, if you take your DD-214 in to the mva, they will place a Veteran status on your licence so you can show it at places that offer discounts to vets.

dan0623_2000

On a side note, if you take your DD-214 in to the mva, they will place a Veteran status on your licence so you can show it at places that offer discounts to vets.

Thanks for that piece of info. I have to renew mine in a few months and would like to have my vet status on it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
, that cannot be used for federal purposes like boarding a plane or entering a government building, Dacey said.

The “second-tier license”—part of a two-tier licensing system that makes Maryland the only state on the East Coast to issue licenses to illegal immigrants—gives drivers the same rights on the road as a regular license, but cannot be used as identification. The words “Not Acceptable for Federal Purposes” is written across the top.
Does anybody believe that it won't pass for a standard MD license?
We can't get better roads, but we can spend millions on illegals

FirstGear

When I was stationed in San Diego, I read in some state financial report that CA was spending 40K extra a month because they had to ensure the illegals can read booklets and other media around the state. I am sure by now it has tripled, hence CA is broke.

Not a good subject for me to enter a conversation, as a veteran some illegals get better insurance coverage than I. Oh yeah, the car insurance was increase due to uninsured illegals getting into accident and not have any insurance.

BOP

When I was stationed in San Diego, I read in some state financial report that CA was spending 40K extra a month because they had to ensure the illegals can read booklets and other media around the state. I am sure by now it has tripled, hence CA is broke.

Not a good subject for me to enter a conversation, as a veteran some illegals get better insurance coverage than I. Oh yeah, the car insurance was increase due to uninsured illegals getting into accident and not have any insurance.

:yeahthat:

Justme2

Think?

Fvck me.

One more reason to leave this state in my rear view mirror.

Think leaving this state to get away from what? Something you not going to find in another state or country? Some kind of issue or problem.:killingme

luvmygdaughters

Oh Good!! I was so worried that the illegals wouldnt be able to drive. After all we wouldnt want them operating a motor vehicle without a license, that would be illeg...oh wait...Umm now I'm confused. :confused: