Mvp

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I watched him jack the first run out of the park. :clap: The Orioles' players did AWESOME in the game. Turned a NICE double play, too. :yay:

All right Miggy! I saw him crush that ball.

Not only that, he's also on my fantasy team, so I like him even more. (He's about the only thing that's gone right with my fantasy team this year).

Midnightrider

jazz lady said:
I watched him jack the first run out of the park. :clap: The Orioles' players did AWESOME in the game. Turned a NICE double play, too. :yay:
they turned at least two!!!!

and i'm not sure, but i think the O's had 3 on the field at the same time for an innimg or two with Mora at 3rd

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
they turned at least two!!!!

and i'm not sure, but i think the O's had 3 on the field at the same time for an innimg or two with Mora at 3rd
I only saw the one. :tantrum I was busy running around cleaning the house. :banghead: Maybe they'll show both on the news tonight. :ohwell:

I know Brian Roberts started at 2nd and Tejada at SS, and they were involved in the double-play I saw. I'm not sure when Mora came in. I wasn't sitting around long enough to keep track. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
they should have been, as much as the team sucked last year they lead the double play figures right up until september. Of course that also means they had a lot of runners on base.....
Their pitchers sucked BIG time last year - THAT'S why there were so many base runners. It's MUCH better this year. :yay:

Midnightrider

jazz lady said:
Their pitchers sucked BIG time last year - THAT'S why there were so many base runners. It's MUCH better this year. :yay:
and if they just make a trade or two for another starter, and maybe drop that bum ponson, we could make a run at the playoffs

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Midnightrider said:
and if they just make a trade or two for another starter, and maybe drop that bum ponson, we could make a run at the playoffs
:yeahthat: I still don't know why they keep Ponson. They should have unloaded him last year. Granted, he has moments of brilliance but he is not CONSISTENT. :burning:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And ANOTHER reason to get rid of him :dork:

Orioles' Ponson Arrested on DUI Charge

BALTIMORE - Sidney Ponson was arrested early Thursday on a drunken-driving charge, the latest legal problem for the pitcher considered the ace of the Baltimore Orioles staff a year ago.

Maryland Transportation Authority Police arrested him on Interstate 95, just south of Baltimore, said Cpl. Pamela Thorne, a spokeswoman for the agency. Spokesman John Ryan said Ponson was stopped for tailgating, given a field sobriety test and was charged with driving under the influence and driving while impaired.

Ponson was charged in January with driving under the influence in Florida, and the case has not yet been resolved. That arrest came weeks after he spent 11 days in an Aruban jail for a Christmas Day fight at a beach. He apologized for the fight and reached a settlement that involved community service and a charitable contribution.

http://start.earthlink.net/article/spo?guid=20050825/430d4240_3ca6_15526200508251675805199

Maybe NOW this will give them the incentive to get rid of his dead weight. :clap:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They Did!

jazz lady said:
:yeahthat: I still don't know why they keep Ponson. They should have unloaded him last year. Granted, he has moments of brilliance but he is not CONSISTENT. :burning:

The brain trust brought him back.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Larry Gude said:
Then they ought to fire the idiots for THAT bone-headed decision. He hasn't won a game since June, has a 6.21 ERA, and hasn't pitched in a couple of weeks since he's now on the DL list.

donbarzini

Larry Gude said:

They also hired Mazilli. Whose only success EVER(as player or coach) came at the feet of Joe Torre. I don't fault the co GM's completely though. Look who it is they work for. And have you seen how many empty seats there are at Camden? I'm sure he'll blame it on the Nationals, and not the fact that he won't pay for either top line talent OR a top flight minor league system. You have to have one or the other. He's got neither.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
And it just keeps getting better...

Ponson Refused Breathalyzer During Arrest

Authorities said Ponson was stopped for tailgating, given a field sobriety test and charged with driving under the influence and driving while impaired. At the station, he refused a breath test, which carries an automatic 120-day suspension of his license for a first offense.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0805/254792.html

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
FINALLY!!!

Orioles Cut Troubled Pitcher Sidney Ponson

Sidney Ponson was released Thursday by the Baltimore Orioles, who contend the pitcher's conduct and problems with alcohol the past nine months give them grounds to terminate his contract.

Ponson, on the 15-day disabled list with thumb and calf injuries, has one season left on a three-year deal that would pay him $10 million in 2006.

"The Orioles did what we felt was justified and right, and indeed what we were compelled to do," said H. Russell Smouse, the team's general counsel. "There was really no alternative after a deliberate consideration of all the facts."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050901/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bba_orioles_ponson_released

About daggone time! :yay: