Mw?

SugarNSpikes

Anyone going?
And who does the western pleasure/western inhand thing?
Could I have some tips/advice on stuff like that?
How do the patterns typically go?
I've never done western in-hand, just english. :x

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I won't be attending due to the Lynn Palm clinic.. I'm so excited for it! But for western stuff you should talk to showqueen74 she knows it all!

C

campinmutt

trail ring opens at 10 am. in hand is not hard. you will probably have a bridge and a walk in / back out....walk over poles...maybe a jog. not to hard for the in hand.should show with a western hat.....either a collared shirt or blazer,like you would show halter....good luck !!

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I didn't end up going. I was doing the pre-check after I got the horse loaded. HUGE gaping hole in tire. SO unloaded him, and put him back in field. Dad is coming out to change the tire for me.

That is ok...I needed to clean my house anyway. My master bathroom is spotless not just working on Mt. Laundry.

appaholic

Anyone going?
And who does the western pleasure/western inhand thing?
Could I have some tips/advice on stuff like that?
How do the patterns typically go?
I've never done western in-hand, just english. :x

Did you go to MW? If you went sorry I missed you:boo:, I was at a clinic this weekend. If you did go hope you did well and had fun,. How was it having your own trailer? Is your boy ok with everything?

appaholic

What exactly are you going to be doing in hand? There is Showmanship, halter, and trail.

How did you do in showmanship:whistle: and your other classes? I am sure missy listened to her mom and you did well. The weather turned out great for August! Everyone had a good time I hope.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
How did you do in showmanship:whistle: and your other classes? I am sure missy listened to her mom and you did well. The weather turned out great for August! Everyone had a good time I hope.

V texted me last night and told me she got 3 first 2 seconds and 1 third. They did so well! I'me very proud of the both of them!

Oh and J.C won your novice WTC...if you don't figure out who that is, PM me

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i went!!! i didnt do green horse with my 3yr old, didnt even take her... but i took my "barrel" horse, and i rode my friends horse untill she got there, so i could keep her points up.I didnt have time to watch the english or western, but i did hear some names that i knew. I was running around helping some friends of mine, and talking with some others.And this time i wasnt close to coming off :yahoo: my horse was actually turning really well.

showqueen74

Yep, we got that trot down, she knows better than to ever pull that stunt again. But now I'm at a cross road; tail or showmanship. I cut about three and a half inches off because we had to back eight steps, and she wont back straight when she steps on her tail.

Spicober

Yeah, what happened? Was it long? I hope no one got hurt. I had just finished up when you guys went to break.

showqueen74

what happend in the lunch break?

It wasn't so much that anything "happened" as the way show management went about it. They start announcing placings of a class, the class before me starts to file in, and all of a sudden we are on a 30 min lunch break. That was the only announcement for a lunch break. The water truck comes in, does its thing, and they announce for the next class, no 5 min call or anything. All in all the lunch break was about 20 min. long. Maybe that's normal for ring 1?

appaholic

Yep, we got that trot down, she knows better than to ever pull that stunt again. But now I'm at a cross road; tail or showmanship. I cut about three and a half inches off because we had to back eight steps, and she wont back straight when she steps on her tail.

I do not know how to advise you. I would say you did the right thing for a straight back is extremely important and no horse wants to cause themselves pain by stepping own their own tail, OUCH! But... you know I have tail issues, love those long flowing locks! What are the guidelines in your breed show rule book especially concerning showmanship and/or other pattern classes which may call for a back. If you find no mention in your rule book for help why not contact one of your active breed show members for advice.

showqueen74

I wont do breed show showmanship, so I don't need to worry about that. I'd have to look into lower level class A shows, in the higher levels, I'm yet to see a back, and some of those Arabs have a train of a tail! The only mention I have seen for tails is no fakes. But that is my winter project- find all those darn rules.

Spicober

It wasn't so much that anything "happened" as the way show management went about it. They start announcing placings of a class, the class before me starts to file in, and all of a sudden we are on a 30 min lunch break. That was the only announcement for a lunch break. The water truck comes in, does its thing, and they announce for the next class, no 5 min call or anything. All in all the lunch break was about 20 min. long. Maybe that's normal for ring 1?

Did they really need a water truck in ring #1 :lmao: should have just spread that puddle out J/K