My Aching Feet!!!

WheezyCarl

So, went on the Vans website to order the new skate shoes featuring/supporting the Foo Fighters.. I've been wearing Vans since HS and the Foos are one of my favorite bands, and no, I'm hardly a bandwagon jumper. Been with these guys since the inception. Shoes went on sale @ midnight, but by midnight-o-one, they were sold out. BUT, Ebay is selling them for over $300.+ only minutes after they went on sale. I really despise scalpers. Might even be lower than politicians.... I know nobody gives a rats azz, but I just need to vent and call people out. $$ really is the root of all evil. My daughter and I could have rocked these for $75.00/pair. But, $300.00-go pound salt.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Sorry for your poor timing. This past summer a lot of people were getting free kicks by going to peaceful protests and waiting till the sun went down. That's when a lot of different footware was marked down to $0. But you have to make your selection(s) fast.

Here's to hoping you find the shoes you love at a price you can afford.

PeoplesElbow

Sorry for your poor timing. This past summer a lot of people were getting free kicks by going to peaceful protests and waiting till the sun went down. That's when a lot of different footware was marked down to $0. But you have to make your selection(s) fast.

Here's to hoping you find the shoes you love at a price you can afford.
But those were social justice edition Jordans.

DannyMotorcycle

So, went on the Vans website to order the new skate shoes featuring/supporting the Foo Fighters.. I've been wearing Vans since HS and the Foos are one of my favorite bands, and no, I'm hardly a bandwagon jumper. Been with these guys since the inception. Shoes went on sale @ midnight, but by midnight-o-one, they were sold out. BUT, Ebay is selling them for over $300.+ only minutes after they went on sale. I really despise scalpers. Might even be lower than politicians.... I know nobody gives a rats azz, but I just need to vent and call people out. $$ really is the root of all evil. My daughter and I could have rocked these for $75.00/pair. But, $300.00-go pound salt.

OMG I feel sooo sorry for you. I'm going to set up a go fund me.. My whole day is ruined hearing this tragedy. I hope you will be able to piece back together your life. $75 for some shoes.. My limit used to be half that. Now i'm much more financially efficient and humble.

The problem is you're hoarding your money trying to buy fancier things.. You know it's evil.. I'll be your exorcist. I accept checks, online payments, cash, money orders, virtual coins, etc. Just FYI Money isn't the root of all evil. The saying is the love of money is the root of all evil.. greed would be a better word but it is what it is. Money is actually a way to store life and energy. You put work and energy into an outcome of money. Later you would use that money for a doctor, nourishment, life sustaining shelter, healthcare..etc. Money is a useful tool that facilitates sustaining our needs.

I'm so sorry you didn't get your shoes, I'm going to see if i can get the news media to tell everyone of that tragedy.

DannyMotorcycle

Don't despise the scalper, despise the durhards who buy from them. No customers, no scalpers.

on the other hand one could argue that because some are willing to pay more, that is their actual or natural value.. in a society of the ignorant..

And capitalism is a beautiful thing where the flow of money flows out from the ignorant and more well off... to the more intelligent who may not be so well off..

and some of the vain will realize some self inflicted emotional unpleasantness as a biproduct.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OMG I feel sooo sorry for you. I'm going to set up a go fund me.. My whole day is ruined hearing this tragedy. I hope you will be able to piece back together your life. $75 for some shoes.. My limit used to be half that. Now i'm much more financially efficient and humble.

The problem is you're hoarding your money trying to buy fancier things.. You know it's evil.. I'll be your exorcist. I accept checks, online payments, cash, money orders, virtual coins, etc. Just FYI Money isn't the root of all evil. The saying is the love of money is the root of all evil.. greed would be a better word but it is what it is. Money is actually a way to store life and energy. You put work and energy into an outcome of money. Later you would use that money for a doctor, nourishment, life sustaining shelter, healthcare..etc. Money is a useful tool that facilitates sustaining our needs.

I'm so sorry you didn't get your shoes, I'm going to see if i can get the news media to tell everyone of that tragedy.

Did posting this make you feel better about yourself?

DannyMotorcycle

Did posting this make you feel better about yourself?

Not better about myself, but I did enjoy my own sarcasm. I also enjoyed that I corrected her misconception of the root of all evil.. and money being bad in general.. i also know that others will read it and learn.. wait a minute.. i do feel better about my post now! thanks!

gemma_rae

Not better about myself, but I did enjoy my own sarcasm. I also enjoyed that I corrected her misconception of the root of all evil.. and money being bad in general.. i also know that others will read it and learn.. wait a minute.. i do feel better about my post now! thanks!
Did you miss the last line of the OP?
My daughter and I could have rocked these for $75.00/pair. But, $300.00-go pound salt.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

We must have read different posts because I didn't get that from her comments at all.