My Aldi Trip

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I stopped at Aldi on my way home from work to pick up a few items, expecting it to be a bit crazy since the "S" word has been mentioned. I was pleasantly surprised! It wasn't all that busy and everyone was even keeled and kind. The lady in the line next to me unloaded her cart and even left space open between her stuff and the person in front of her so she could pull her cart out of the way and let the gentleman behind her cut ahead for his two bags of salad. I set my spacer when unloaded and got out of the way for the guy in uniform behind me. He had a Mac N cheese pizza for his daughter and hoped she liked it as much as the one they had before. :lol:

Blueberries - $1.29!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess. I try to curb my RBF and smile more often.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I stopped at Aldi on my way home from work to pick up a few items, expecting it to be a bit crazy since the "S" word has been mentioned. I was pleasantly surprised! It wasn't all that busy and everyone was even keeled and kind. The lady in the line next to me unloaded her cart and even left space open between her stuff and the person in front of her so she could pull her cart out of the way and let the gentleman behind her cut ahead for his two bags of salad. I set my spacer when unloaded and got out of the way for the guy in uniform behind me. He had a Mac N cheese pizza for his daughter and hoped she liked it as much as the one they had before. :lol:

Blueberries - $1.29!!!
Thank you for not locking your thread before I had a chance to read and post in it! :love:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So we are in the midst of the apocalyptic corona virus and I decided to stop at Aldi's. Sure, there were some bare spots on the shelves, but no one was acting full tardo. I had hoped to buy chicken and steaks, but alas, I had to purchase a chuck roast to toss on the grill later. Got my standard dried mangoes, Brussels, blueberries, and asparagus. Check-out lady was very friendly and whispered to me she thought that stores might eventually end up getting closed down. We both laughed and laughed...

lucky_bee

RBF expert
So we are in the midst of the apocalyptic corona virus and I decided to stop at Aldi's. Sure, there were some bare spots on the shelves, but no one was acting full tardo. I had hoped to buy chicken and steaks, but alas, I had to purchase a chuck roast to toss on the grill later. Got my standard dried mangoes, Brussels, blueberries, and asparagus. Check-out lady was very friendly and whispered to me she thought that stores might eventually end up getting closed down. We both laughed and laughed...
they must've restocked overnight. I was in there Friday night just as they were closing and it looked like Aldi's was Ground Zero for the apocolypse :shocking: Not a single canned vegetable except for the mexican tomatoes with the green chiles. No fresh veggies or fruit, no chips, no snacks (except for the organic and super healthy stuff :lol: ) No cheese, no butter (??) but somehow they had milk. They managed to have some of the few items I did need, but I wished I'd snapped a pic of the aisles. Most were completely bare. It was such an odd shopping experience.