My blind boxer girl

KDENISE977

YES :yay: they gave us probiotics yesterday. And we're doing pumpkin too. We're also on an antibiotic because they had thought it was a parasite. I hope it works... at least she doesn't act like it's bothering her. I'll keep her on the chicken and rice for a while and see if it gets any better

KDENISE977

Learning tons and tons about Cancer and about taking care of our dogs in general. Was referred to a holistic boxer site and have since changed my dogs entire diet. Then was introduced to Dr. Harvey, who basically educated me and pointed out the fact that what I was feeding and doing for Molly was not at all aiding in her fight. So, I thought I'd share a few things with my friends here on SoMD.

Bananas- Half a banana each day should be given to the dogs to aid in over all vitamin support and general wellness
Apples- a cut up apple allowed to brown is the best nutrient which is a known Cancer fighting agent- Apple Pectin. His exact words were "Cancer hates apple pectin"
Greek Yogurt- full of anti-oxidents which allows a dogs digestive system to restore itself almost daily.

I previously had been giving her pumpkin and he said that's hit or miss but the bananas and apple were much better :shrug: he gave me a list of other Chinese herbs and vitamins I need to try and find but those are again, Cancer targeting not so much for just general health and well being.

P.S. you can google Dr. Harvey and find his entire website of dog food and vitamins but the man didn't try to sell me a single thing :yay:

KDENISE977

Well hello

Attachments

• image-4170576551.jpg
    image-4170576551.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 309

KDENISE977

What a great, and cute picture. Her head lights aren't on in this one.
Thanks. We are learning what and how to give her more independence. Sounds weird but it's hard to learn when she's comfortable exploring and when she's not.

Attachments

• image-3094911149.jpg
    image-3094911149.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 333

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thanks. We are learning what and how to give her more independence. Sounds weird but it's hard to learn when she's comfortable exploring and when she's not.

Times like this, I really miss the "like" button! So glad she is doing well.

Last edited:

KDENISE977

Times like this, I really miss the "like" button! So glad she is doing well.

That's FF. maybe you know of some really good food for us? We went all off dog food and her insides went crazy and we really had no choice but to put her back on a basic bland dog food and banana diet. But I know normal dog food is not what is heathy for her. Do you have any really basic and raw dog food ideas ? Thank you !

That's FF. maybe you know of some really good food for us? We went all off dog food and her insides went crazy and we really had no choice but to put her back on a basic bland dog food and banana diet. But I know normal dog food is not what is heathy for her. Do you have any really basic and raw dog food ideas ? Thank you !

Whenever my pup had digestive issues, cooked drained hamburger mixed with rice always worked.

KDENISE977

Whenever my pup had digestive issues, cooked drained hamburger mixed with rice always worked.

That's what I was doing. Turkey or ground beef with white rice or brown rice and it was no helping a thing. Probiotic yogurt and Pepcid and still she was destroying the floors !!! She's now eating basic dry food with bananas just to keep it settled.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
That's what I was doing. Turkey or ground beef with white rice or brown rice and it was no helping a thing. Probiotic yogurt and Pepcid and still she was destroying the floors !!! She's now eating basic dry food with bananas just to keep it settled.
Sprinkle a tablespoon of plain Metamucil in her food.

Metamucil aka psyllium husk/seed powder – wait! – I can explain! People take this product to umm…get things moving, so why on earth would be we give it to a dog with messy stool? The fact is that psyllium abosrbs a huge amount of water which is why we take it with water and need to drink plenty more. Otherwise, stool becomes bulky and hard and difficult to pass at best. When added to a dog’s food without adding water, it will absorb some of the moisture in the bowel which is exactly what we want. Stool becomes bulkier, and more solid. About 1/2 tsp for a 15 pound dog (to test for tolerance) and if things aren’t worse, I’d increase to 1/2 tsp. twice daily. You have to play with the dose a bit. Just like slippery elm, reaction can be different for each dog. An added bonus: this type of fiber helps to fuel the good-guy bacteria in the bowel. It’s a win-win.
http://www.monicasegal.com/wordpress/?p=1513

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living

What comes to mind is Pure Vita (single source protein and lots of probiotics), Natural Balance Limited Ingredients, Orijen.

My dogs are on a raw diet. Do some research before you consider it. I say this because it is a little more work than putting a bowl of kibble on the floor. Also you have a young child -not that I think he would be licking out of the dog's bowl but you have to be aware that this is *raw*. Like Orijen, it can be very pricey but I do stretch the raw with fresh veggies, dehydrated raw and veggie mixes.

If there is ever a time for you to stop by the store, I would be happy to meet with you to discuss further. Also, most of my staff are very well versed on the foods we sell (and some that we don't!) so if you are ever in the area, stop in.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
What comes to mind is Pure Vita (single source protein and lots of probiotics), Natural Balance Limited Ingredients, Orijen.

My dogs are on a raw diet. Do some research before you consider it. I say this because it is a little more work than putting a bowl of kibble on the floor. Also you have a young child -not that I think he would be licking out of the dog's bowl but you have to be aware that this is *raw*. Like Orijen, it can be very pricey but I do stretch the raw with fresh veggies, dehydrated raw and veggie mixes.

If there is ever a time for you to stop by the store, I would be happy to meet with you to discuss further. Also, most of my staff are very well versed on the foods we sell (and some that we don't!) so if you are ever in the area, stop in.

We add frozen green beans with the dogs dry food, but mainly because they are on a diet.
Less dry food and substitute with the green beans.