My boy needs a home

somdfunguy

not impressed
Some people feed high quality dog and cat food. But he always got leftovers-if we had chicken, I'd cut off a small piece and make it for him. He likes KFC chicken and Chick Fil A nuggets...but I try not to feed him that too much

I'm not killing my pets to feed some midget dinosaur.

Roman

I have a Merauke blue tongue skink that I've had for two years. I love him to death, but unfortunately, it seems I've developed a sensitivity to his bedding. Every time I change his cage, I go into acute respiratory distress. He is one of the first captive bred Merauke babies, bred by Bill Schwinn. If you'd like, I will sell his 40 gallon glass tank with him, and his last remaining bag of eco-Earth bedding. $275 for everything together (plants, lights, dishes, etc), but I'm open to offers. Blue tongues are one of the easiest reptiles to care for, however, I'd prefer someone with reptile experience. If you'd like to ask some questions about Diesel, you can reach me at xo.gypsy@yahoo.com
Could you change the type of bedding you use? I think the substrate you might be using, could be coconut shells. Maybe use reptile sand instead. Or some kind of washable Astro-Turf. EDIT:Spelling Error:

asknapp

Could you change the type of bedding you use? I think the substrate you might be using, could be coconut shells. Maybe use reptile sand instead. Or some kind of washable Astro-Turf. EDIT:Spelling Error:

I don't particularly like sand because of the risk (even though it's low) of impaction. And unfortunately, I had the same reaction when I used Aspen bedding with him. :(