My bra is creaking

Geek

like the door into a haunted house. Any way to stop this? It is really loud and embarrassing.

M

Mousebaby

like the door into a haunted house. Any way to stop this? It is really loud and embarrassing.

Oil it! :shrug:

No, take some soft wax, maybe from a melted candle and dip a Q-tip in it, and rub the hinge. If that don't work, I don't know what to tell you.

Geek

Oil it! :shrug:

No, take some soft wax, maybe from a melted candle and dip a Q-tip in it, and rub the hinge. If that don't work, I don't know what to tell you.

My bra doesn't have a hinge :lmao:

It's the underwire that is acting up.

M

Mousebaby

Oh, then snip the sucker just at the end of underwire and pull it out! Then do the same thing to the other one, then go by some underwireless bra's. :shrug:

belvak

Happy Camper

I've had that happen before. Try squenching the underwire around a bit. I know that sounds strange, but basically, see if you can re-adjust the underwire. Somtimes they work their way to one side or another rather than centered. Make any sense? Anyway, if that doesn't work, just toss it and buy a new one! That's how I handle it.

Geek

Oh, then snip the sucker just at the end of underwire and pull it out! Then do the same thing to the other one, then go by some underwireless bra's. :shrug:

I have pulled the wire out of on before and the bra goes from sexy to drooptastic in two pulls.

Geek

I've had that happen before. Try squenching the underwire around a bit. I know that sounds strange, but basically, see if you can re-adjust the underwire. Somtimes they work their way to one side or another rather than centered. Make any sense? Anyway, if that doesn't work, just toss it and buy a new one! That's how I handle it.

I will try the squenching. That sounds good. I really like this bra, it holds things up nice and it has the deep plunge front that works with one shirt and one dress I have.

I want to make it quit singing to me!

M

Mousebaby

I have this one blouse where I have to wear a strapless and even that shows at times. It's freaking annoying! Because of my bust size it is hard to find a plunging neck line in my bra's. :mad:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Squenching it around is the right answer, mine do that on occasion. Work the underwire all the way back and forth then put it where it belongs and that should solve it.

I have a hard time with bras because I can't stand being poked the the underwire! It makes me nuts and almost all of them do it after a few washes. Bali came out with a no-poke bra that I love that looks nice and pretty even with bigguns.

Geek

Squenching it around is the right answer, mine do that on occasion. Work the underwire all the way back and forth then put it where it belongs and that should solve it.

I have a hard time with bras because I can't stand being poked the the underwire! It makes me nuts and almost all of them do it after a few washes. Bali came out with a no-poke bra that I love that looks nice and pretty even with bigguns.

Really! I will have to look into that.

M

Mousebaby

Really! I will have to look into that.

I just went to JCP.com and spent a freakin fortune on bra's! But they were all so pretty, and chances are I will end up returning 2 out of 3!

frozenrain

I like the shape of underwire bras but I think you have to hand wash them.Or put them inside a pillowcase to wash. If you just put them in the regular wash the wire has a habbit of coming out.There is nothing worse than being stabbed by bra wire-very sharp.Especially in public and you just want to rip it off.
Not sure about squeaking.Are you sure the local animal shelter have not lost any fury critters:lmao:
The other day I made the mistake of throwing 10 bras in the wash,When they came out they were a tangled knot all joined together,I tried to undo them but could not.My lovely hubby managed to untangle them in the end even though he has bigger fingers-bless him.
So hope you get the squeaking sorted out.
Actually this reminds me of certain tracksuits my son has worn and all you can here when he is walking is swish swish swish swish.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I like the shape of underwire bras but I think you have to hand wash them.Or put them inside a pillowcase to wash. If you just put them in the regular wash the wire has a habbit of coming out.There is nothing worse than being stabbed by bra wire-very sharp.Especially in public and you just want to rip it off.
Not sure about squeaking.Are you sure the local animal shelter have not lost any fury critters:lmao:
The other day I made the mistake of throwing 10 bras in the wash,When they came out they were a tangled knot all joined together,I tried to undo them but could not.My lovely hubby managed to untangle them in the end even though he has bigger fingers-bless him.
So hope you get the squeaking sorted out.
Actually this reminds me of certain tracksuits my son has worn and all you can here when he is walking is swish swish swish swish.

I have a zippered mesh bag they all go in, it keeps them from knotting up with the rest of the laundry. I don't have the patience to hand wash anything. Then just hang them dry, the heat from the dryer is hell on the elastic.