My Dad is a Riot

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
95 y/o. Watches WAY too much FOX news. He's now afraid of a war and that my brothers and I will be drafted. :doh: He still looks at us like we're 20 years old. That's good, because he used to treat me like a 10 year old when I was 60.

"If there's a war, they're gonna want you guys!"
"Dad, what war? With who?"
"Them."
"Them who?"
"Them. China."
:sigh: "Dad, no one is going to war with China. If there is a war, it will be internal to the US, another Civil War."
"But what about..."
"No dad. There is no draft anymore. And no one wants us anyway."
"But you guys have talents they would want!"
:sigh: "Dad, (older brother) is 70 years old. I'm 66. (younger brother) is 61. No one wants us. For anything."

:doh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You'd be surprised. All those dinosaur mainframers found themselves in high demand leading up to Y2K. You just never know when old skills will come in handy.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
......the SHTF military is gonna want us old farts....
In that you're a big reader and have recommended some good reads in the past, in line with your comment above you just might like "Old Man's War" (link) by John Scalzi. He's turned out - unsurprisingly - to be just another brain-dead lib and Trump hater, but his (science) fiction (especially the series that this book kicks off) is just wonderful.

--- End of line (MCP)

black dog

Free America
You'd be surprised. All those dinosaur mainframers found themselves in high demand leading up to Y2K. You just never know when old skills will come in handy.

I'm 62 and my short and long game is as on point as it was 40 years ago. Hopefully its not going to be put back in service.

black dog

Free America
Awww..... yer making me blush.

She just said you get picked right before the boy wearing skinny stretch jeans with pink hightop Converse's on.

Attachments

• images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 83

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In that you're a big reader and have recommended some good reads in the past, in line with your comment above you just might like "Old Man's War" (link) by John Scalzi. He's turned out - unsurprisingly - to be just another brain-dead lib and Trump hater, but his (science) fiction (especially the series that this book kicks off) is just wonderful.

--- End of line (MCP)

Perfect timing....I literally just finished the last in the series that Glen Tate wrote. :yay: