...My divorce hearing is this morning...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You have to have a hearing? This is going to suck eggs. :frown:

In Maryland..it's the law. But it's only a legal formality in most cases, as long as everything has already been agreed to. You both show up...with your witness..judge asks a few questions and then its done.

Now if anything is being contested ...that's another story altogether.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
In Maryland..it's the law. But it's only a legal formality in most cases, as long as everything has already been agreed to. You both show up...with your witness..judge asks a few questions and then its done.

Now if anything is being contested ...that's another story altogether.

Will you be my witness?

I didn't have to appear in court. I had my witness come to my lawyer's office to give his statement with me.

WR, hope it all goes well. :huggy:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I didn't have to appear in court. I had my witness come to my lawyer's office to give his statement with me.

WR, hope it all goes well. :huggy:

Wonder how you got out of it. In both of mine we had to appear. I've been a witness for two friends at there's. If it was an option to do otherwise, I'm sure my attorney would have made that clear.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
WR, if you and ex are in agreement there's no reason why this shouldn't go smoothly and be stress free. :huggy:

Wonder how you got out of it. In both of mine we had to appear. I've been a witness for two friends at there's. If it was an option to do otherwise, I'm sure my attorney would have made that clear.

:shrug: dunno. I just told the lawyer I did not want to appear in court, and I didn't. Guess he made some kind of deal with the court and other lawyer.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:shrug: dunno. I just told the lawyer I did not want to appear in court, and I didn't. Guess he made some kind of deal with the court and other lawyer.

Interesting. Me..I didn't really care about the appearance. Only took a few minutes for mine (or whomever's I was a witness for) and the rest of the time sitting there was like being in the audience of a Jerry Springer show.:killingme

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Good Luck WR

indeed in 1995 mine was lasted about 20 min
... the judge went over the terms, confirmed everything

banged the gavel .... Next Case

I got my copies of the paperwork a few weeks later ....