my dogs....

onebdzee

off the shelf
found a baby bird wandering around in the back yard....They didn't hurt it, just scared it....Youngest mutt got it away from the dogs before anything happened to it

What the heck do I do with it?

I

Inkpen

found a baby bird wandering around in the back yard....They didn't hurt it, just scared it....Youngest mutt got it away from the dogs before anything happened to it

Hi...It could be a few things..
A fledgling learning to fly..bluejays do this...baby hops around the ground while parents chirp at it and follow it. (Not the smartest technique, but it works...)
Second..might be a brancher..a baby bird that is learning to fly..hops in and out of nest and actually falls to the ground...and can not get back to nest...
Third...none of the above.

If a brancher...pick up and place back into nest...
If you can not find the nest, place in a nest like container and duct tape to tree...parents will hear it cries and come and feed it.

Birds do not have a nose, so they can not tell you touched their baby.

If bird is covered in down, find nest and put back.

If none of the above, get to a local rehabber.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Hi...It could be a few things..
A fledgling learning to fly..bluejays do this...baby hops around the ground while parents chirp at it and follow it. (Not the smartest technique, but it works...)
Second..might be a brancher..a baby bird that is learning to fly..hops in and out of nest and actually falls to the ground...and can not get back to nest...
Third...none of the above.

If a brancher...pick up and place back into nest...
If you can not find the nest, place in a nest like container and duct tape to tree...parents will hear it cries and come and feed it.

Birds do not have a nose, so they can not tell you touched their baby.

If bird is covered in down, find nest and put back.

If none of the above, get to a local rehabber.

This thing is still covered in down....we get near it and it immediately opens it's mouth....I'll have the mutt go look again for the nest

Where is a local rehabber?

I

Inkpen

This thing is still covered in down....we get near it and it immediately opens it's mouth....I'll have the mutt go look again for the nest

Where is a local rehabber?

Sounds like a baby that needs to be fed.
Where do you live?
There are about 7 rehabbers in all of SOMD.
4 in calvert, 2 in St marys and 1 in Charles.

Best is to find the nest and put back in.
Second best is to place in a nest like box and attach to the tree closest to where it was found.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Sounds like a baby that needs to be fed.
Where do you live?
There are about 7 rehabbers in all of SOMD.
4 in calvert, 2 in St marys and 1 in Charles.

Best is to find the nest and put back in.
Second best is to place in a nest like box and attach to the tree closest to where it was found.

Where it was found was by my house....the trees that are nearby, don't have any nest in them....had the bird on a table and I noticed when I walked away to find some tape, there was a bird that came out of one of my trees and it looked as though it fed it

That's where the bird and the "nest" were taped to :yay:

Thanks for the help

I

Inkpen

Where it was found was by my house....the trees that are nearby, don't have any nest in them....had the bird on a table and I noticed when I walked away to find some tape, there was a bird that came out of one of my trees and it looked as though it fed it

That's where the bird and the "nest" were taped to :yay:

Thanks for the help

Job Well Done!!!:yahoo:

Best rehabber is the original momma!!!

Might keep an eye to make sure it is being fed on a regular basis...like every 15-30 minutes.

cheers!!!!:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If it...

...was me, I'd feed it to one of my cats. They really seem to enjoy taking life and consuming it. For Gods sake, whatever you do, don't feed it to a snake.

Feel free to Fedex it up here.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

A little EVOO.. some oregano.. paprika..

W

Wenchy

I found one tonight and remembered the information on this thread.

Thanks Ink!